JOIN US IN THE MOUNTAINS!
At Granby Ranch, you will have a small mountain experience where families, friends and team members connect, live, play and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Perks of joining our team include affordable employee housing, a season pass for Granby Ranch, free golfing at Ski Granby Ranch, bike passes to four Colorado ski resorts, in-house discounts in our rental, retail and restaurant outlets, and so much more!
The line cook is responsible for preparing, cooking, and presenting high quality food with precision and speed in all Granby Ranch establishments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain professional and accurate preparation and presentation of all food inventories.
- Ensure inventory is secure, appropriately stocked, and handled property.
- Maintain a clean and orderly service, cooking and storage area.
- Maintain quality and portion control of all menu items.
- Comply with all Colorado State Health Codes and safety requirements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of food recipes including portion controls.
- Some knife skills, and knowledge of basic cuts
- Knowledge of basic culinary techniques including stocks and soups, meat and seafood processing, baking and desserts, vinaigrettes and emulsions.
- Knowledge of all proper food handling procedures, including proper labeling, rotation and storage of all food, sanitation, heating and cooling of sauces, soups and stocks.
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills and maintains a friendly, professional and helpful attitude to all guests and fellow employees.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to complete ServSafe certification.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a kitchen
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Primarily indoor work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Some outdoor work to service the patio with outdoor grill in a mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Dexterity for utilizing kitchen equipment.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.