The Vehicle Maintenance Manager / Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and repair snow grooming equipment, snowmobiles, UTVs, ATVs, loader, skid steer, backhoe, busses, trucks, generators, and small engine equipment. This position ensures daily/weekly/monthly checks and routine services are performed. Maintains organized shop adhering to all safety protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform routine maintenance on all equipment and document.
- Troubleshoot issues on equipment, research solutions.
- Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Manage expense budget, discuss overages with Director.
- Order fuel, document usage.
- Plow snow and sand parking lots as needed.
- Check on daily vehicle checks log for passenger vans.
- Assist other mountain operations departments as needed (lift maintenance, snowmaking, lift operations, grooming).
- Hire, train, schedule, mentor, manage one mechanic.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speak, read, write in English fluently.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Two Years of snowcat/heavy equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Valid drivers license with ability to pass MVR check, current CDL license preferred.
- Ownership of hand tools to perform maintenance on a variety of equipment preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs.
- Dexterity and gripping ability for utilizing hand tools.
- Walking, Standing, Squatting, Kneeling, Reaching, Pulling, Crawling, Climbing Ladders.
- Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
- Ability to work in high alpine environment including extreme winter weather conditions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.