******We are a NYS Healthcare Workers Bonus Employer – you could be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses******
To provide mentorship and guidance for Direct Support Professionals in the residential programs, ensuring person-centered supports are provided to the people AIM serves. To assist the Residential Managers in ensuring the efficient and effective day to day operations of the residential programs, in accordance with AIM’s mission and Core Values. To provide ongoing training to evening staff as needed.
- Generous Paid Time Off for Full Time Employees (40 hours after first 90 days)
- Low-Cost Health Insurance for Full Time Employees (Employer Paid Deductibles)
- Referral bonus
- Paid on-the-job training
- Retirement Plan- 403b
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary/Supplemental Insurances including: Life Insurance, Accident, Critical Life and Short Term Disability
• Provide on-going support for the Residences on the evening shift; visiting residential programs throughout the week to ensure quality services are provided and agency/state policies, procedures, and regulations are adhered to.
• Be a presence throughout the agency during evening hours; serving as someone that staff can depend on for guidance and mentorship.
• Serve as primary on-call, ensuring appropriate staffing during the evening hours.
• Ensure a safe work/living environment, including compliance with all safety policies/procedures and regulations. Intervene immediately should you discover any safety issue, including employees sleeping.
• Assist with the supervision and documentation of fire evacuation drills.
• Receive, document, communicate and ensure appropriate supports are in place, during evening hours, for all “call-offs” and other staffing issues.
• Document visits and provide feedback to the residential team on a routine basis.
• Review medical guidelines, IPOPs, Staff Action Plans, and Behavior Support plans with staff as necessary.
• Ensure staff's performance of household functions including, infection control, meal preparation, laundry, and housekeeping duties; and perform such duties, as needed.
• Perform medical/health related functions, adhering to AMAP Policy.
• Work directly with the people served to ensure personal wants and needs are met.
• Committee membership as assigned.
• Any and all other duties requested by supervisor.
• High School diploma\GED, bachelors preferred.• Three (3) years’ experience working in the field of I/DD, or related field
• One (1) year Managerial experience preferred.• Knowledge of program specific requirements/regulations.
• CPR/First Aid Certification. (Training Provided)• AMAP Certification. (Training Provided)
• SCIP Certification. (Training Provided)
• Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency insurance standards (Current/Valid Insurance card if using own vehicle).
• Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliable decision making with demonstrated critical thinking skills.Physical/Cognitive Requirements:
• Bending, reaching, pushing, pulling as needed in the workplace. Ability to safely lift 50lbs.
• Maintain training and certification in all required areas.• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Reading/Math skills to perform job duties (Dr's orders, prepare recipe, program documentation, keep ledgers etc.)
• Demonstrated interest/ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services.
• Exposure to household and other cleaning supplies, chemicals.
• Ability to teach others, maintain confidentiality, and remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.• Adherence to agency attendance policy.
• Willingness to rove throughout the agency as needed
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, AIM Services, Inc will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other characteristic protected under applicable law