OpenLoop is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team remotely based in Iowa or at our HQ in Des Moines, IA.
About the Role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the physician by acting as a liaison on behalf of the patient to schedule, provide patient with scheduling information to obtain specialty testing, and/or specialty physician consultation.
- Confirm medication compliance with patients.
- Reconcile EHR Data and update consult notes by documenting patient data, treatments, procedures, and patient education.
- Complete intervention recommendations with patient from provider.
- Document all patient calls in the EHR and help patients meet goals outlined in the provider's care plan.
- Assist Physician with medication refills.
- Answers calls and route all incoming correspondence to appropriate staff.
- Supports patients and team members with use of videoconference technology.
- Manage patient registration and scheduling.
- Some administrative and operations duties as assigned.
Weds - Sat 10:30a - 7p; Sun 7a - 3:30p (Central Time)
Sun 12:30 - 9p; Mon-Thurs 8:30a - 5p (Central Time)
Tues, Weds, Sat 7a - 7p; Sun 3 - 7p (Central Time)
The first week's training schedule is Tue-Fri 9am -5pm.
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
In addition to the salary for this role, you would also be eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending/Health Savings Accounts
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Life Insurance, Pet insurance, and more
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
- Demonstrates awareness of medical/legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and have the ability to assess data appropriate to the age-specific needs of the patients.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant training from an approved technical school
- **Please have certification ID ready when applying. Applicants whose credentials are expired or are unable to be verified will not be considered