Reports to Resident Services Supervisor
Hourly Position: Non-Exempt
Customary behavior: To consciously, specifically, intentionally practice our Core Values, Mission Statement, and Our Shared Commitment daily.
A Guest Service Representative who provides quality Customer Service to Residents, Vendors, Guests, and Staff at Palomino Park. Gate Attendant monitors access to the Community while providing positive and professional customer service. Gate Attendant also conducts a courtesy patrol of the Community to ensure the maintenance of the assets of the Community.
Area of Responsibility: Front gate, Gatehouse, back gate, Colorado Club, Colorado Club parking lots, and Palomino Parkway.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge and greet all residents, vendors, guests, and staff in a friendly and positive manner while maintaining contact and standing ready to assist.
- Provide a high level of Customer Service to all residents and guests.
- Extend professional telephone etiquette for incoming and outgoing calls.
- Assist every person at the Gatehouse in a professional, polite manner, giving each individual your full attention.
- Verify and issue guest pass requests from residents and staff
- Issue guest passes to visitors
- Provide directions to visitors
- Provide Community information to visitors
- Assist residents when Horse Tags or ID are not working at the gate
- Keep up to date with all Community Activities
- Performs clerical/ administrative functions to include but not limited to
- Daily shift logs
- Maintain outlook calendar and email file folders
- Write incident reports
- Maintain visitor logs, accurately record the name and destination of each person who stops at the Gatehouse
- Knowledge of Authorized Vendor lists.
- Performs Courtesy Patrol of Community
- Inspect Colorado Club entrances
- Verify compliance with parking rules, issue warnings as needed
- Verify compliance with park and public space rules
- Inspect all Community gates to ensure they are in working condition.
- Responsible for reporting maintenance issues
- Review security cameras
- Assist in maintaining high standards of cleanliness inside the Gatehouse and the exterior driving lanes
- Any other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
Related experience in Customer Service or Hospitality preferred
Skills and Additional Requirements:
- Must have open availability to include mornings, days, evenings, and weekends
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; may be required to work nights
- Good listening skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Self-starter; takes initiative
Must have a positive and upbeat demeanor
Exemplary Customer Service ability
Exceptional attention to detail
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must be capable of performing duties with limited supervision
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with the Core Values of our company; Excellence, Integrity, Professionalism, Partnership, Life Balance
Strong initiative skills
Strong time management skills
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Understand and practice top quality customer service
- Carry out the Company’s objectives in presenting a professional image
- Answer the phone courteously
- Inform direct supervisor of maintenance request
- Maintain high standards of exterior drive lanes
- Employee shall maintain cleanliness of the interior of the gatehouse
- Employee shall not smoke in the gatehouse or in areas of Palomino Park that can be seen by the residents
- Maintain and complete all required logs and reports
- Employee is responsible for their scheduled shift and shall notify their direct supervisor a minimum of two hours in advance of schedule shift if unable to work as scheduled. Employee is responsible if able to find a replacement for their scheduled shift. A list of employees and respective phone numbers are located at the bottom of each schedule.
- Employee shall place their name-plate in the slot on the sign outside of the gatehouse and remove it upon departure
- Employee shall not accept or receive packages or other items for residents or visitors to pick up
- Employee shall follow proper procedure for resident, guest and vendor access as detailed in the Standard Operating Procedures
- Employee shall not issue frequent visitor passes under any circumstances
- Employee shall perform routine courtesy patrols
- Employee shall monitor cameras and emails regularly throughout scheduled shift
Regular full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick time, vacation time, and much more! Regular part time Hammersmith employees also receive benefits including prorated sick time and holiday pay, as well as participation in our 401(K) plan! All regular employees are encouraged to take 1 paid day off per year, as part of our Philanthropic Day of Service.