PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking two (2) Emergency Hire Security Officers. Emergency Hire positions are not eligible for benefits.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide general unarmed security under direct supervision for the PTHA grounds, facilities, staff, patients, and visitors.
- Patrol all grounds and buildings, unarmed, every 30 minutes to assure secure conditions and discover any improper activities or conditions including but not limited to: doors, windows, and gates for breaches of security and safety and fire risks.
- Warn rule violators and appropriately handle their behavior up to and including notifying the appropriate external agencies.
- Report all emergency situations, immediately upon observation, to the appropriate authority for resolution.
- Utilize conflict resolution skills to deescalate the situation or person, involving management when necessary.
- Interface with law enforcement in respect to criminal activities.