A Rock Academy team member is a positive role model who represents Jesus Christ. He/She provides a well-rounded education for students while guiding and encouraging students to develop their own relationship with Christ. Substitute teachers maintain strong classroom management and implement lesson plans as designed by the classroom teacher. Substitute teachers guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their academic and spiritual potential, reflecting the mission and vision of Rock Academy.
Substitute teachers have a profound impact on the lives of their students. When a teacher has a planned or unplanned absence, we rely on a skilled substitute to fill in. In this role, the substitute will cover for an absent full-time teacher, adhering to the day’s lesson plan and ensuring that students have a fulfilling learning experience. The ideal candidate will have substitute-teaching experience and an ability to lead classrooms effectively. The most qualified and successful substitutes can count on consistent work throughout the district.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain maximum availability to accept assignments
- Execute lesson plan consistent with teacher guidelines and school curriculum
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and foster a safe, productive learning environment in accordance with school policies
- Become familiar with school emergency protocols, such as fire drill and lockdown
- Adhere to all school policies and procedure.
- Record attendance according to school procedure
- Assign homework according to lesson plan
- Supplement lesson plan with other classroom activities, if time allows
- Compile report for teacher that includes student attendance, lesson-plan progress, disciplinary actions, and positive developments
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Equipped to work with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular and community activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills and ability:
- B.A/B.S or greater from an accredited institution or related field. Authorized to work in US.
- CA credential preferred but not required. Three years experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work required to accomplish the objectives of the school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
Physical Requirements Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Teachers at Rock Academy desire to serve the Lord Jesus Christ through the education of their students. Each believing God has saved and called them to the task of teaching, they seek to reflect and reveal Christ to their students. In faithful living, teachers are expected to:
- Be committed to obeying Christ, their redeemer
- Have a regular and active devotional life
- Practice love, joy, patience, kindness, self-control, gentleness, faithfulness, and truthfulness
- Model biblical principles, in and out of the classroom
- Be humble in spirit but bold in Christ-like practice
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employees.