Customer Service Center Representative
(Non) Exempt – Grade Level 3
The function of this position is to provide world class support and service to our banking customers. The incumbent will treat each customer with respect and courtesy, responsively addressing their service concerns, and will recommend appropriate ChoiceOne products and services to help them achieve their financial goals. Incumbent will take ownership of each customer service situation and work to resolve issues and deepen the customer relationship upon a “First Call Resolution” process. All Customer Service Center Staff report directly to the manager of the Customer Service Center.
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Center Assistant Manager
1. Portray the proper bank image by focusing on good customer relations, both internal and external. Be able to Service, Sell
and Refer ChoiceOne Bank’s Products.
2. Adhere to the service and sales standards established for the Customer Service Center (First Call Resolution, Greeting, Be
Polite, Personalize, Own the Problem, and Closing).
3. Perform duties accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
4. Develop relationship banking for your clients: Get to know them, greet them by name, and SELL or CROSS-SELL. (Tracking
sales and referral efforts and results.)
5. Get to know our organization thoroughly - what it stands for, the services it offers, and who are the staff members involved
in providing particular services. Through you, your client will be assisted in understanding how valuable ChoiceOne can be
to them. Know when to escalate issues for resolution.
6. Ability to speak clearly with a service mindset and be able to solve complex problems and take ownership until resolved
7. Adept at using ChoiceOne’s technology and tools (Applications, Synapsis, Decision Pro, Remote Merchant Capture, Cash
Management, Internet Banking. Debit Cards etc.)
8. Be flexible, possess the ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks in a busy environment. Ability to open or close
as determined by schedule each week. (Current hours 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
9. Conduct yourself according to our corporate values
10. Understand and Practice the Vision established for the Customer Service Center
11. Perform duties accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner
12. Know our Mission Statement: “Provide superior service, quality advice, and utmost respect to everyone we meet.”
1. Accountable to Customer Service Center Manager for the fulfillment of their functions, responsibilities, and proper
interpretation of authority
2. Extensive contact with internal management and staff, clients, the public, and the community and to conduct relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall strategy, service and marketing efforts of the organization
3. Involvement in community organizations and participation in community projects and events as deemed appropriate
1. Excellent Customer Service Skills
2. Strong Understanding of Sales and Service Standards for Customer Service Center
3. Ability and willingness to follow the Established Effective Sales and Service procedures
4. Ability to speak clearly with customer mindset for complex issues in a busy environment
5. Flexible, dependable, and service-oriented
6. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
7. Excellent written and verbal skills
8. Strong Computer knowledge or willingness to learn those you do not have knowledge of – Jack Henry Applications, Synapsys,
Decision Pro, Cash Management, Remote Merchant Capture, NetTeller, and Debit cards.
9. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
10. Ability to work in a very busy environment, while maintaining and participating in, a fun atmosphere for all
11. Ability to meet established deadlines
12. Spanish language skill is a plus
1. Provide Excellent Customer Service as established under Sales and Service Standards
2. Answer incoming calls quickly and efficiently and escalating issue when appropriate
3. Take ownership of call and respond with a “First Call Resolution” mindset (85% achievement)
4. Service, Sell and Refer all ChoiceOne Products
5. Record all client contact, sales or referrals via Synapsis
6. Follows all operating policies and procedures for ChoiceOne maintaining audit and compliance procedures
7. Attends departmental meetings as necessary
8. Accountable for quality of each and every contact
9. Be pleasant, helpful, courteous and polite at all times
10. Is responsible for being familiar with and complying with the provisions of regulatory compliance, including the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act as they relate to the functions of this position. Completes all required reports related to those acts and reports any observed violations or potential violations of regulatory compliance requirements to a supervisor or other appropriate bank officer.
11. Performs other duties as may be required from time to time