Weavers Way has an opportunity for a detail-oriented POS Clerk to join our team in our Mt. Airy headquarters. This position maintains an accurate database of products and works with department or store managers on pricing updates and monthly promotions. This position also provides strong customer service to both internal (co-op staff) and external customers.
DATA ENTRY & MAINTENANCE
- Maintain POS data for all products at all sites.
- Enter vendor numbers, product order numbers, UPC, PLU, size, and other appropriate fields (food stamps, taxes, discounts, category/department information, and subcategories).
- Ensure accuracy of data for new and existing items.
- Maintain data input form.
- Import/export data into the POS database.
- Maintain costing and pricing data as directed.
- Maintain proper cost and pricing data.
- Import cost files from vendors.
- Manually enter costs from price lists or invoices.
- Understand and use invoices, reports, information from department managers and purchasing manager, and audits to assist in maintaining accurate item files and a clean database.
- Support store personnel in adjusting, maintaining, and printing price tags, sale signs, price labels, and shelf tag labels for all sites.
- Participate in pre-inventory processes including store-run counts, printing inventory sheets, and generating item reports
- During inventory, perform price checks, data entry, and other tasks as needed.
- During inventory, perform re-count audits to confirm accuracy of enumerators counts.
- Gather data from quarterly inventories for submission to accounting.
- Enter and test promotions as needed, including CAP, monthly Member Specials, and Manager’s Specials.
- Ensure all promotions have correct start and end dates.
- Perform price tests of information via the POS database and by scanning items at the registers as needed.
- Extend sale dates for promotions where requested.
- Provide internal and external customers with excellent service at all times.
- Use appropriate language, behavior, appearance and overall conduct with or in the presence of customers, vendors, and store personnel according to WW policies.
- Participate in answering telephone calls.
- Assist with database management, pricing, register programming, sign making, and promotion/item set up for special events.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
We have an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement planning, and an employee discount.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill & Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit which emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.