PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a Patient Experience Director.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Patient Experience Director works across the organization to develop strategies, strengthen partnerships, and driving strategic initiatives to drive exceptional patient and staff experiences. Plans and integrates functions and services to support the organizations goals and priorities with emphasis on cultural values and teachings. Supervises Welcome Services, Community Engagement, and Employee Relations Staff.
- Responsible for integrating Puyallup Tribal cultural values and teachings throughout the organization.
- Proactively identify issues impacting patient care and/or administrative operations and involve supervisors, directors and/or executive management to address and problem solve issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for implementation and effectiveness of patient satisfaction programs.
- Responsible to ensure that PTHA is meeting standards and regulatory issues for all PTHA Licensure (i.e. HCA Behavioral Health) and Accreditation (AAAHC, ACGME, COLA) requirements. Lead change when needed to assure compliance.
- Responsible to coordinate and prepare for all PTHA accreditation and licensure reviews.
- Design and prepare presentation reports that provide executive team, Board of Directors and patients with summarized data trends and progress toward achieving program goals.
- Responsible for communication with Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and Staff to ensure and convey understanding of initiatives and events which impact their areas.
- Oversee the development and implementation of community based events, partnerships, and engagement initiatives.