Who We Are:
KL&A is an IT consulting firm that knocks the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations across the United States to develop creative business solutions through project & program management and custom software applications so they can focus on what’s most important…their mission.
We are honored to be named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for five consecutive years! Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. This is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your PJ bottoms at home, or a combination of the two.
Who You Are
You approach projects with the perfect balance of analytical skills and curiosity. You are a logical thinker who enjoys analysis, writing, and planning, and your attention to detail is so good it’s scary. You enjoy collaborating with those around you, but can also accomplish tasks as a solo artist. Your creative and open mindset allows you to develop unique solutions that help clients solve their business problems. You are a client-advocate who thinks about how to make business processes and training documentation easy for the user. Continuous learning is important to you, which makes you excited to learn new and challenging business domains. You’re personable, self-motivated, and love lending a hand to your colleagues. You are skilled at finding the perfect meme for any situation and may also enjoy joking around with your peers while you enjoy a lunch delivered to your door, on KL&A.
About the Role
As a Technical Business Analyst, you’ll work closely with clients, project managers, and software engineers to create, enhance and support custom web applications. Your first few months will be spent developing a deep understanding of your client’s business processes and needs to be able to help your team design, refine, enhance and support the application, when necessary. You’ll work closely with stakeholders and the development team, to ensure all documentation is well-written, meets standards, and, most importantly, is easily understood by the client. With Agile as the underlying foundation to our approach, you'll contribute to everything from process re-engineering to addressing change requests and bugs, all the while focusing on data organization and user experience. As the intermediary between clients and the development team, you will lead meetings to distill and refine business needs, effectively communicating information between technical and non-technical audiences. You’ll provide support to the development team by answering questions, participating in peer reviews, and validating that the system performs to the required specifications.
Superpowers We’re Seeking
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Systems Analyst building web applications for external clients
Systems and Process Analysis:
- Previous experience internalizing clients’ business operations to ensure proper data validation, business rules & exceptions, and accurate workflows throughout the SDLC
- Understanding of business analysis process concepts, and how business needs drive the implementation approach to solutions
- Experience preparing for and conducting effective JAD sessions to elicit desired functionalities from clients about documented business and functional requirements
Documentation and Writing:
- Experience analyzing and developing user stories, acceptance criteria, and test scenarios
- Must have excellent writing skills, including the ability to write user guides and technical/functional documentation for complex processes that is concise, yet thorough
- Experience producing project artifacts, including meeting notes, mockups, wireframes, process maps, and data flow diagrams to convey functionality to stakeholders and development teams.
Communication and Client Management:
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing strategies for effective communication and collaboration between the development team and non-technical client stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with the development team(s) to design and develop functional solutions
- Experience building relationships with internal and external stakeholders by acting as a trusted advisor and liaison
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable to work efficiently and independently in a remote-first environment
- Strong understanding of how data is structured and its influence on the overall solution, as well as experience analyzing data
- Experience writing SQL queries
Gadgets and Gizmos:
- Experience using tools (such as Jira, Confluence, or TFS) to document and trace requirements through the software development life cycle
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio
- Experience with Third Party Liability and coordination of benefits in the context of Medicaid, or equivalent experience within the commercial health insurance domain
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel advanced features such as macros and/or relational database software
- Experience with testing
- Previous software development experience
- Experience ensuring the backlog is properly managed to maintain appropriate development velocity
- Previous experience triaging bugs
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks of paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- Paid parental leave
- Family building assistance (adoption reimbursement, IVF counseling, etc.)
- 401(k) with immediate employer match
- Workspace customization bonus
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting bonuses
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Premium healthcare insurance, including medical, dental, and vision for individuals, families, and domestic partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Voluntary insurance options, such as pet, critical illness, AD&D, and life.
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready.) New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in-person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.