This is a wonderful time to join Providence as we expand to support people within the Charles County area! As a Residential Direct Support Professional, you will help to enable people to live, work, and enjoy life as independently as possible in their homes and community. You will assist people with daily-life activities, encouraging assertiveness, and supporting decisions making. Be a Direct Support Professional and share your passions and talents while providing person-centered support to another person!
Person-first - Every step is driven by the person and unique to the person.
Community - Is meant for every person.
Relationships - Real connections, real experiences, real expectations.
Accountability - Doing the right things for the right reasons; every day.
Direct Support Professional Pay scale: $17.25- $17.75 per hour (depending on shift and job type)
Direct Support Professional Job Type: Full-time (30-40 hours per week) and Part-time positions
Direct Support Professional Shift Type: Mornings, Afternoons, Weekends, and Overnight Shifts Available
A Direct Support Professional
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid driver's license ; NOT provisional
- Is able/willing to transport people in personal and/or company vehicle
- Has a High school diploma/GED
- Has Computer skills
Your Responsibilities as a Direct Support Professional
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Plan (IP), personal plan or an alternative framework or individual teaching plan.
- Assists people supported to meet physical (e.g., health, grooming, toileting, eating) and personal management needs (e.g., human development, home care etc.), by teaching skills, providing supports, and building on individual strengths and capabilities that will lead to increased independence.
- Contribute as a part of a Providence team, building companionship and community, facilitating supports, developing activities that have value to the person.
- Explores vocational interests and aptitudes, assists in preparing for job or school entry, and reviews opportunities for continued career growth.
- Educates people receiving supports, co-workers and community members about issues by providing information and support.
Benefits for You as a Direct Support Professional
- Medical (company contribution 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
- Dental (company contribution 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
- Vision (company contribution 32% towards cost of all plans)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
- Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (company paid)
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- 401k (5% company match)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance
A full Direct Support Professional job description is available upon request.