Just in Time Employee
Non-Exempt Hourly $15-$17 per hour
“Just In Time” Employees are on call employees of Hammersmith Management encompassing many different roles including but not limited to: Concierge, Move In Coordinators, Porters, Maintenance and Security. J.I.T. employees will be contacted to cover shifts for full and part time Hammersmith Employees as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check supply levels in storage closets. Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to manager.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage areas, carts, and caddies.
- Clean assigned areas using designated checklists. Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets established standards.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to the Community Association Manager.
- Monitor and handle resident’s complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring satisfaction.
- Respond to all radio/cell calls promptly.
- Document pertinent information in department logbook.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving, check with manager prior to leaving.
- Continually inspect property for improvements, immediately report any deficiencies to the Community Association Manager or Maintenance Manager.
- Perform light electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs; touch up paint and ensure property is well cared for.
- Manage complicated maintenance projects through the Community Association Manager and/or Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain cleanliness of common area amenities, including party room, library, laundry rooms and pool area.
- Oversee cleaning service to ensure thorough cleaning; performs daily custodial work as needed.
- Order, receive and maintain all supplies for the cleanliness and maintenance of the building.
- Perform, maintain and repair all common elements throughout building exteriors and interiors.
- Receive and maintain all supplies necessary for work orders to be completed in a timely manner.
- Pick up and remove trash/moves dumpsters as needed for pick-ups.
- Remove weeds and trash (including animal waste) from common element rock and flowerbeds around the buildings as necessary.
- Respond to all emergency maintenance calls immediately during scheduled working hours.
- Respond to after hour’s calls from the Building Engineer and Community Association Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies.
- Report observed covenant violations to the Community Association Manager for enforcement and monitor adherence to community standards.
- Greet residents and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Field and respond to resident requests, inquires and concerns.
- Accept and log deliveries and notify residents of receipt.
- Maintain sign-in logs for guests and contractors.
- Perform clerical and administrative functions with accuracy and timeliness.
- Keep work areas clean and organized for efficiency.
- Responsible for key lock boxes.
- Monitor cameras, and report to Security or Management Office.
- Manage special events guest registers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time with or without notice.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Static Strength – The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Manual Dexterity- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your tow hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an on-call position hours can vary from weekday or weekend AM and PM.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary