The Children’s Ministry (Rock Kids) Director/Pastor will oversee and direct a comprehensive Children’sProgram (newborn through 5th grade) to grow children in their walk and understanding of Christ to accomplish themission and vision of the Rock Church as it applies to children. This person will lead in the vision anddevelopment of the Rock Kids Ministry by recruiting, training and equipping staff and volunteers to support thechildren’s ministry programs. The Rock Kids Director/Pastor will report to the Campus Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a strategic ministry plan for Nursery through 5th grade.
- Casts vision to all Rock Kids staff, and volunteers to guide and inspire the ministry team.
- Represents Rock Kids interests in collaborative and ministry support meetings.
- Submits regular progress reports to Campus Pastor to track annual goals.
- Designs, establishes and maintains an effective organizational structure.
- Oversees the recruitment and training of volunteer leaders who have a passion to shepherd and disciplechildren.
- Provides Biblical guidance and counseling as needed to Rock Kids staff, volunteers, children and parents.
- Provides direction and oversight over quarterly Rock Kids Training classes.
- Develops and maintains the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Researches, selects and monitors the effectiveness/appropriateness of curriculum used by all Sunday ministry departments.
- Provides on-going training support for all paid and volunteer staff, including enrichment workshops and training materials.
- Oversees the execution of all events, programs, and services for children (infants through 5th grade.)
- Collaborates with other Rock Kids multisite leads as part of the Ministry Support Team.
- Embraces and executes a GROUPS philosophy of ministry.
- Collaborates with the Point Loma Campus Pastoral Team to achieve Campus goals.
- Participates in attending and leading Saturday Prayer.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list ofall responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Campus Pastor.
Job Related Qualifications
Education, Training, and Experience
- At least five years’ experience in a management or leadership position directly related to Children’s Ministry and/or M.A. in Christian Education.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and wordprocessing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well withtimelines and short deadlines.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility,respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the Campus Pastor.
- Experience in conflict resolution based on Matthew 18 principles.
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and workswell in group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events which includes annual gala
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian church)
- Regular involvement in church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to your home church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal-oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.