Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist, Cheminformatics to support drug discovery efforts at Ribometrix. This person will be responsible for analyzing complex internal and external data sets to support hit discovery and lead optimization activities, providing data-driven insights from data mining and compound classification efforts, and developing and implementing computational chemistry and cheminformatics tools and capabilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and management of data derived from pharmaceutical discovery assays
- Evaluation of complex data sets and interpretation of results within the context of biological processes
- Programming or integration of systems to support pharmaceutical drug discovery
- BS degree and a minimum of 2+ years relevant industry experience in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, data sciences, or a related field or an advanced degree is required
- Experience with an analytical programming language such as Python or R is required
- Experience with analytics software packages (e.g. Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot, JMP) and data visualization (e.g. Jupyter, D3, Plotly) is required
- Experience analyzing complex data sets and deriving and communicating conclusions and next steps is required
- Relevant experience in drug discovery and SAR analysis is required
- Experience in algorithm design, development, and application is required
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL is preferred
- Working knowledge of statistics and experience in the application of statistics to solve diverse problems is preferred
- Experience with commercial cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.) is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to support defined timelines is required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative, excellent organization and attention to detail, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.