Are you ready to work hard, take on a challenge, and collaborate as a member of a growing, mission-driven team?
We seek a Quality Engineering Lead to drive the quality of our products and services. This person will play both a hands-on and leadership role to track and resolve IoT data quality issues, measure and report data quality metrics, perform root cause analyses, and drive corrective and preventive actions with LineVision’s Engineering teams.
The successful Quality Engineering Lead, reporting to the Sr. Director of Security, Quality and IT, will have a strong foundation in Linux, SQL, networking, and data analysis.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Detect, triage and investigate sensor data quality issues
- Escalate and manage issues to resolution with Engineering and Operations teams
- Define, track, report quality metrics and trends to inform Engineering priorities
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to perform Root Cause Analyses
- Identify, prioritize, and drive Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Develop tools with Engineering for improved detection and analysis of issues
- Report quality metrics and action plans to our leadership team
- Within Three Months:
- Use existing reports and tools to detect, triage and escalate IoT sensor data quality issues
- Track and drive issue resolution in collaboration with Hardware Engineering and Operations teams
- Prioritize improvements in collaboration with Engineering and Product teams
- Within Six Months:
- Enhance ticket management process and tools for improved efficiency
- Develop metrics in LineVision’s Business Intelligence platform to provide transparency and inform priorities
- Report quality metrics, root causes, and improvement opportunities monthly to leadership
- Within a Year and Beyond:
- Develop improved issue detection and analysis tools in collaboration with Engineering
- Incorporate other measurements of quality, including Accuracy, Completeness, Reliability, Relevance, and Timeliness
- Expand scope of quality management to include every aspect of our product and service delivery that are important to customers, including platform availability, data delivery, and service delivery
- Implement elements of a ISO 9001-compliant Quality Management System
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Working experience with a range of technologies, including networking, SQL, Linux, Python, Jira, and IoT
- Experience using Excel and Business Intelligence tools to manage metrics and perform data analysis
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Empathic ability to explain complex technical issues with a range of audiences, such as engineers, vendors and executives
- Intense attention to detail while analyzing quality metrics, tracking trends, and identifying root cause
- Curiosity, initiative, drive, and tenacity
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Innovation. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current electric grid.
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com