Vector Solutions is the leader in providing industry-focused SaaS solutions that connect content and technology. Vector’s unique product set aims at training and learning management, continuing education (CE), compliance, workforce scheduling, safety management, and more.
Our mission is to empower everyday heroes in the public, educational and commercial sectors to make safer, smarter, and better decisions.
Vector Solutions is seeking a Sr. Benefits Manager to join our team. In this position you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration of benefits company wide, ensuring understanding of benefits offered and answering employee questions. In addition, you will serve as primary contact for employee leave administration, including communicating with employees on their responsibilities through duration and providing status updates to needed departments internally. You will also partner with third party benefit administrators to facilitate relationships and ensure accuracy and efficiency in reporting and invoicing.
What You'll Do:
- Support the research, design, and execution of benefits programs, including health, retirement, wellness, and ancillary benefits to help us attract and retain the best talent, all while balancing our bottom line and business objectives.
- Administer employee leave requests, including determination of leave type, eligibility verification, leave approval, leave duration and integration with applicable laws.
- Manage the ADA and any accommodation requests in partnership with our third party.
- Ensure programs are performance driven, market competitive, legally compliant, consistent, accurately administered, and effectively communicated.
- Develop strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all benefit programs and partner with Learning & Development to create education opportunities.
- Work with benefits broker to conduct annual reviews of benefit vendor partnerships to include Request for Proposals, annual bid process for renewals and executing transition plans and processes with new partners.
- Provide detailed analytics on the cost of benefits, forecast of spend, high claimant reviews and work with external providers to manage costs of plans.
- Manage benefits administration, including open enrollment, communicating benefits information to employees, and promoting wellness programs.
- Reviews ancillary benefits (e.g., STD, LTD, Life, and EAP) to ensure cost competitive contracts as well as competitive coverage are in place.
- Manage all benefit compliance requirements including the filing of the annual 5500s.
- Works with 401(k) recordkeeper/trustee and outside auditors in administering the 401(k)plan.
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility related to benefits, and 401(k) plan administration experience to include analysis, plan design and program administration.
- Extensive knowledge of benefits packages, policies, and legislation.
- Deep understanding of FMLA, ADA and other applicable federal, state and local laws including keeping up to date on future changes
- Deep understanding of benefit compliance requirements
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred, but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
- This is a hybrid role and it is expected that the Benefits Manager will be in the office 2-3 days each week.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Friendly, open, and casual work environment
- Comprehensive, quality benefits package effective first of the month following your date of hire
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Healthy work-life balance with flexible work arrangements and generous time off
- Generous referral incentive program
- Company social events
- Philanthropic opportunities
What We Value:
- Teamwork - Above all, we’re a team. We give and value feedback. We support each other, respect each other and work together to accomplish our common goals and serve our customers. Once we make decisions, we align behind them as a team.
- Customers First - Our customers’ success is our success. They are why we are here. We work to earn the trust of our customers and always deliver on our commitments.
- Make a Difference - It’s not a job, it’s a calling. We have passion for our mission, for our customers, for our work, and for sharing a fulfilling experience with our fellow team members.
- Inclusiveness - Uniqueness is powerful. Diversity, equity and inclusion guide how we build our teams and cultivate our leaders, creating a company that promotes a variety of perspectives and crucial conversations, leading to better outcomes.
- Act Now - We act with urgency. The best time to get something important done is now. We don’t wait and let perfection be the enemy of good.
- Curiosity - We love a good challenge. We’re scrappy, we stretch ourselves to be the best, ask questions, learn from our mistakes, and are dedicated to continually improving and growing.
- Ownership - We own the outcome and don’t pass the buck. The score matters. We hold ourselves and each other accountable. We treat company resources like they are our own.
Vector Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, (including gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a protected veteran.