The LEX Behavior Technician works with students who need a high level of support to achieve academic, behavior and social goals, to allow them the provisions they need to become as successful and independent as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide teaching trials, lesson plans, tasks, teaching procedures, etc., record data on student responses, and reinforce correct work according to the established program, as directed by the LBA;
· Work with students throughout the day on communication skills, social skills, behavioral skills, sensory issues and other individually designed activities such as self-help skills, as directed by the LBA;
· Record beginning and completion dates of activities on program sheets;
· Develop program materials;
· Participate in team meetings on a regular basis;
· Maintains student program books on a weekly basis, as directed by the LBA;
· Report any concerns directly to the LEX Administrative Director as necessary;
· Make sure all rooms are cleaned, trash is empty, doors shut and lights off daily at the end of the day;
· Write progress notes.
This is a part-time position. This position involves working with students who exhibit challenging and/or aggressive behavior and participation in community outings.
· Always demonstrates professionalism, including adherence to the standards of professional conduct.
· Is dependable, energetic, and relates well to children.
· Demonstrates ability to prioritizes and carry out work-related tasks appropriately.
· Demonstrate an ability to understand and carry out a systematic instructional sequence.
· Low rate of absenteeism and prompt attendance to work.
· Ability to communicate appropriately.
· Demonstrate organizational, interpersonal, and multitasking skills.