Account Supervisor (Greater Washington, D.C. Region/Remote Eligible).
NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C. and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ/US team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban forgers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses. The right candidate for this position is located within the greater Washington, D.C. region and has the ability to visit in person with clients at their offices or at NJI’s Alexandria, Virginia office as needed. NJI does maintain a hybrid/remote work policy for all offices.
We are looking for a mythical, strategic titan to join our U.S. team. We seek a creative and passionate leader for a dynamic and robust policy-oriented client portfolio. The ideal candidate has agency experience working on multi-faceted accounts with complex ideas and deliverables.
This role maintains important client relationships, ensures the highest quality of deliverables, and excels in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment. This person serves as an integral member of a portfolio leadership team, alongside project management and creative leadership partners.
The ideal candidate understands that honed intuition sets great account supervisors apart. By demonstrating a level of emotional intelligence alongside their technical knowledge and project management skills, they embody a team-centric ethos of challenging the status quo, aiming to surprise and delight clients, and finding creative solutions to any challenge.
This account supervisor will complete strategy-oriented tasks themselves and simultaneously lead with precision and ease across their accounts team and cross-functionally, providing support, guidance, and counsel to teams and colleagues. The best candidate will be a wizard with words, grammar, timelines, and client communications.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Lead the management and growth of a diverse roster of clients, accounts, and project-based work
- Serve as a primary strategy point of contact for clients, partners, and vendors, providing a premium level of customer service and responsiveness to all
- Effectively manage internal processes and advance projects from start to finish, while coordinating with team members and providing continuous reports
- Thoughtfully and collaboratively develop strategic plans, conceptual ideations, and tactical recommendations for select clients
- Effectively communicate - verbal and written - with clients on digital and creative services strategies, as well as all other client-oriented projects and tasks
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships with a solutions-oriented approach
- Leverage data and analytics to develop and present well-informed metrics reports, for both internal and external purposes
- Develop project and client budgets, scopes, performance reports, and timelines for multiple project deliverables
- Remain on the cutting edge of industry developments and assist in effectively integrating those developments into the business and client work
- 7+ years of client-facing experience working at the crossroads of communications, design, and creative services. Must include previous account management experience at an agency
- Must be able to work across a number of projects, workflows, and teams to respond to ever-changing client needs and deadlines
- A proven track record of developing strategic plans to benefit the client
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas, and the occasional dog
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experiences, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace through actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. Putting pen to page to share your greatest thoughts and interests. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume and write something that personally expresses more about who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.