New graduates and experienced Diagnostic Physicists are welcome to apply!!!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE! SIGNING BONUS!
We are currently seeking a Diagnostic Physicist to service the DC/VA/MD regions. The ideal candidate will monitor Diagnostic and Nuclear Medicine Physics/Radiation Safety programs for hospitals clinics, physician/dental practices, and non-clinical facilities, which involve the use of radiation machines, radioactive materials, and clinical imaging systems to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and licenses and ACR accredited facilities.
Aspekt Solutions works hard to ensure our team has control over their schedule so they can achieve their own work / life balance. This role will support many varied clients in the DC/VA/MD area, giving you the flexibility to live anywhere within the region.
- Conduct surveys and quality assurance testing of imaging units:
- Gamma Cameras
- Conduct nuclear medicine surveys for compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Licensing for Radioactive Materials Licenses.
- Perform X-ray shielding evaluations.
- Perform patient dose assessments, fetal, and otherwise.
- Performs area surveys for linacs and x-ray facilities.
- Performs Policy and Procedure reviews for client facilities.
- Remains current in state regulations, NRC regulations, joint commission standards, and ACR accreditation standards.
- Other duties as assigned are consistent with and in support of your scope of practice.
- Responsible for remaining current with scope of practice defined by your credentialing and professional licensing organizations and/or adhering to the scope of practice as defined in your job description.
This position requires a M. Sc. or equivalent degree in medical physics, radiological physics, or related field. Certification in diagnostic radiological physics by the American Board of Radiology is preferred.
Benefits offerings include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Service and Identity Fraud Monitoring
- Paid Time Off