The Strategic Operations Coordinator will undertake a variety of administrative, operational and program management tasks to ensure Learn to Earn and other strategic initiatives are successful. The Coordinator will support automation efforts, review outcomes to improve services and support overall efforts on systems alignment. This role reports to the Project Manager, Strategic Operations.?
The ideal candidate will be passionate about mission-driven work, be able to manage multiple priorities or initiatives, and be a highly independent and self-motivated team player. The Coordinator needs to exercise strong judgment in responding to questions, troubleshooting problems, and flagging issues for other team members and leadership as needed. The Coordinator will need to successfully build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including Detroit at Work staff, contracted providers, and other partner organizations.?
• Plan, coordinate, and administer activities of Learn to Earn and other assigned programs to include developing and implementing related procedures, processes, services and systems.
• Monitor and evaluate the program effectiveness, investigate trends, recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets; Monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds as appropriate.
• Prepare required and supplemental programmatic reports for funders.
• Coordinate special events (i.e. trainings/meetings), create and distribute invitations, distribute resources, attend events to lend support, coordinate technical equipment, and assemble presentation / information.
• Research and develop best practices to serve targeted populations. Develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts, materials, and resources to supplement, expand, or replace existing program components in order to benefit participants.
• Organize and manage project specific tasks and activities.
• Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with staff, participants, employers, and local stakeholders while maintaining working relationships in all aspects.
• Compose and prepare correspondence involving interpretation of policies, procedures, contract, and agreements.
• Prepare reports and analysis setting forth progress and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Handle inquiries, direct calls or visitors to proper staff person. Operate office equipment.
• Demonstrate ability to assess triggers for new policies and procedures; such as, changes to the external operating environment, government policy/legislation, review of strategic directions, new cross-functional initiatives, and need for consistency in service delivery, etc.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Perform other related duties as required.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.?
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Suite environment. Must include Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF;
• Demonstrate ability to support cross-functional teams;
• Must be able to conduct research on a wide variety of data sources;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities or initiatives;
• Independent and self-motivated team player;
• Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion;
• Ability to represent Detroit at Work in a professional manner;
• Strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and accuracy;
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, take appropriate initiative and work independently;
• Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
• Must be able to maintain strict ethical legal adherence and confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:?
The ideal candidate will have at least one (1) year of relevant profession experience and a Bachelor’s?
degree in related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, lived expertise and?
professional work experience. Relevant experience may include previous roles in workforce development, human services, education or other fields that involve similar work.?
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
CONTRACT POSITION: No
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.?
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.