National Development (ND) is looking for a full-time licensed HVAC Technician reporting directly to a Chief Engineer to assist our property management team responsible for maintaining over a million square feet of office and retail space in Burlington, Massachusetts. The ideal candidate must be skilled in all areas of general maintenance and must be able to perform physical maintenance operations on the properties.
As a Building Engineer/HVAC Technician, your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Chief Engineer in the performance of all maintenance duties for the assigned portfolio.
- Conduct general site, building, and mechanical room inspections to ensure cleanliness, safety and environmental compliance of all systems and ensure all is maintained in a professional matter.
- Conduct troubleshooting and diagnostics to identify all issues and provide effective solutions.
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs and ensure timely and efficient resolution of all work orders placed. This shall include check-off lists, machinery history, safety inspection and test records.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with managing responsibilities for work performance of all building vendors including the scheduling, directing and planning the job performance for vendors and service contractors.
- Keep the Chief Building Engineer and Property Manager advised of all matters incidental to the operational status, major overhauls and casualties to all systems.
- Reliably manage emergency situations and address urgent work orders promptly (including on-call responsibilities).
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain professional conduct while interacting with tenants and team members.
You Create Value by:
- Being dedicated to our Tenants and Owners – working to exceed their expectations, resolve any building-related issues, and strive to create an extraordinary experience.
- Being dedicated to ND – proactively manage issues, maintain a positive attitude and proudly represent ND’s professionalism and our culture of sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Being dedicated to your team - you roll up your sleeves and assist team members—no job is “below your pay grade.”
What You Bring to Us:
- Valid HVAC technician license in Massachusetts. Proven experience in HVAC system maintenance and repairs, preferably in a commercial setting.
- Familiarity with relevant building codes, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues efficiently.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with property managers, tenants, and colleagues.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Physical ability to perform manual tasks and lift heavy equipment.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Client service-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated, independent individual desired. Willingness to jump in, learning new tasks and systems.
What We Bring You:
National Development (www.natdev.com) is one of Boston’s leading real estate operating companies. The firm develops, operates and invests in all major property types, including office, industrial, hospitality, retail, and housing, as well as healthcare-related properties (senior housing, medical office, research lab).
National Development offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
- Comprehensive and affordable health plans
- Life insurance
- Employee wellness incentives
- Company-matched 401K
We want our team members to be happy and healthy, both personally and professionally. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters and health and wellness.
National Development is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.