At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and driven Network Administrator to join our growing & high performing Engineering team in Portland, Maine. This role is responsible for delivering exceptional technical solutions to customers as well as technical leadership with internal and external stakeholders.
Network Administrators support and maintain servers and workstations at customer locations and work closely with Network Engineers in the repair and deployment of network servers. In addition, you will serve as the point of contact for technical escalation, provide mentorship and training, and be a subject matter expert within technical project teams.
If you possess a strong technical background & skill set, a customer-focused mindset, and are a highly motivated leader, then this opportunity is for you!
- Carry out preventive health care checks on clients’ computing environments.
- Maintain client hardware and software solutions that include patching and/or upgrades.
- Help with the installation of network equipment.
- Proactively review and resolve network, system, and performance issues.
- Make use of client documentation, online reference information, and ticket history in solving technical problems.
- Provide effective and efficient customer support in-person or through remote management tools in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving computer hardware, software, and network issues.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for internal and external stakeholders, ability to communicate technical issues and plans for resolution confidently & clearly.
- Serve as a client advocate in coordinating technical, client personnel, and vendors to ensure the efficient implementation of new systems, software, or troubleshooting customer’s IT needs.
- Possess a continuous learning & improvement mindset as it relates to technical solutions.
- Thoughtfully balance both ‘doing’ and ‘leading.’
- Stay up to date with modern technologies and solutions.
What We’re Looking For:
Technical Skills & Experience
- A combination of professional technical experience, education, knowledge, and/or professional certifications in Azure, Office 365, and/or Microsoft Server technologies, VMWare, Citrix.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot VMWare, storage technologies (SAN), and Microsoft Technologies: Server, Exchange, Outlook, Office 365, and Azure.
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp 7.x product line is a plus.
- Comfortable working with server hardware in performing diagnostics, maintenance, and component replacement, as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in PC diagnostics, workstation deployment, server troubleshooting.
Technical Leadership Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in technical leadership and serving as SME (Subject Matter Expert) when it comes to technical solution delivery and responding to technical escalation.
- Customer-focused Mindset, ability to work collaboratively with internal and external customers across a wide range of industries, backgrounds, and technical skill set.
- Results-driven and exceptional ability to deliver high quality & timely technical solutions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to think critically and analytically.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- This role requires work outside of normal business hours and candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Due to the nature of our business and the requirements of ITAR regulations, this role may require access to controlled information and technology. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents and be willing to undergo a thorough background check as part of the employment process.
Our Benefits & Culture:
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership(Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training & certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.
Systems Engineering values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.