EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN Relief Licensed Veterinary Technician - Animal Emergency Hospital, Burton, MI
OUR INDUSTRY NEEDS A CHANGE! WE SEE IT AND WE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!
WE ARE GOING THROUGH A PARADIGM SHIFT AT ANIMAL EMERGENCY HOSPITAL AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN US!
COME BE PART OF THE CHANGE!
Animal Emergency Hospital of Burton, MI is looking for talented and passionate associates to join us. This is a very exciting time to join our team, we are under new ownership and management! We are re-creating our core beliefs and values from scratch, this a chance for you to contribute to a newly budding culture and influence work/life balance from the ground up. We want to continue to offer the best medical care in the area while offering a great place to work that our team can be proud of!
In addition to sign on bonuses and relocation expenses, we offer competitive salaries, health benefits, 401k with match, flexible scheduling, CE allowance and opportunity for growth. We also have an extensive training and mentorship programs that include internships at partner specialty hospitals with travel expenses paid.
Burton is a city in Genesee County in the state of Michigan and a suburb of Flint. The population was 29,999 at the 2010 census, making Burton the second largest city in Genesee County.
Nearby areas such as Holly, MI and Fenton, MI offer wonderful schools, recreation and communities.
Fenton is located conveniently near the many terrific amenities of the Mid-Michigan area. This Genesee County city lines the borders of both Livingston and Oakland Counties, and its proximity to US-23 makes Fenton just a short drive from the major metropolitan areas of Flint, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing and more. The city remains in touch with the cutting edges of education and innovation with great schools and entrepreneurialism.
Work with dogs, cats, and pocket pets
Provide care for a wide variety of cases and surgical opportunities
Perform medical surgeries
Provide onsite oxygen chambers, blood and urinalysis machines, digital radiographs, ventilators, and ultrasounds
Give personal attention to each pet and family
Our ideal candidate would have to qualify and demonstrate the requirements listed below:
• Set up appointments, triage patients and administer treatments under DVM supervision
• Observing and reporting on the behavior and condition of animals
• Restraining animals for examination or treatment
• Perform diagnostic imaging with digital x-ray
• Perform venipuncture, catheter placement and injections (IV, SQ, IM)
• Must be able to administer medications, vaccines, and treatments under the direction of DVM
• Must be skilled and knowledgeable with anesthesia monitoring, surgical prep, induction, and recovery
• Educate animal owners on home care
• Eager to train and develop co-workers and support staff
We offer competitive compensation, 401k, medical benefits, and PTO.