Who are we?
Headquartered in Cary, NC, FRG is a global financial risk management consulting firm. We use advanced analytics and cutting-edge technology solutions to help some of the largest organizations in the world manage risk.
Why join us?
Fast-track your career in risk management consulting! We identify talented individuals who have a strong background in business, actuarial science, analytics and statistics, financial mathematics, computer science, and/or engineering. Those who join FRG have a unique opportunity to train in the latest risk management concepts under the helpful guidance of experienced consultants.
What is the NEET Training Program?
- NEET is the New Employee Excellence Training Program.
- This unique training program, provided by FRG Academy, is the first step in preparing individuals for a career in the financial risk industry that utilizes SAS® and open-source software to solve complex problems.
- The curriculum is structured so that each participant will gain extensive experience working within a project team to develop and implement unique solutions to real-world challenges.
- The successful candidate will complete and pass various certifications and receive training where an FRG consultant is present to administer the project and provide detailed feedback.
- At the completion of the NEET program, the successful employee will be well-tooled to begin a client-interfacing project which can involve travel.
In this role you will:
- Become proficient in numerous programming languages (SAS, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Obtain professional certifications in technology and Risk Management domains
- Understand Risk platform architecture and how to optimize risk analytic processes utilizing complex design patterns
- Build competence using software version control software
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle and project management concepts
- Use best-practice coding standards and efficiency techniques
- Understand the significance of unit testing and how to debug your code effectively
- Undergo technical communications training, with Subject Matter Expert (SME) and in-depth Case Study projects that assess knowledge learned
- Work with senior consultants on various projects to assess your risk and technology knowledge, as well as soft skills
- Demonstrate intermediate understanding of risk concepts by qualifying for the GARP Foundations of Financial Risk (FRR®) credential
- Post NEET graduation your education continues as you will have the opportunity to choose a capability concentration with the following FRG teams;
- Data Advisory & Strategy
- Business Analytics & Modeling
- Risk Solutions Architecture and Design
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Group Health, dental and vision coverage which is effective on your start date
- Company-paid long-term disability coverage which is effective on your start date
- After 1 year of service, you are eligible to participate in 401K
- 401k - 100% immediate vesting & FRG matches the employee dollar for dollar up to 6% of base pay
- Pretax and Roth options for employee 401k deferrals
- Profit-Sharing - after 1 year of service, you are eligible for company profit sharing up to 4% of your base salary
- Bonuses for successfully passing certifications
- All NEET training materials, registrations, and testing are paid for by the company
- Telecommuting options
- 3 weeks of paid vacation days
- 2 weeks of paid holidays per year (2 are floating holidays)
- 2 weeks of paid emergency/sick days per year
- Direct deposit monthly paycheck and any expense reimbursements
- Refer employees who are hired and earn a $2,500 bonus
- FRG season tickets: Carolina Hurricanes, Durham Bulls, Coastal Credit Union Music Park Concert Tickets, Courage soccer tickets
- Vacation, sick, and holidays are prorated in the year of hire
- BS or MS degree in Business, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Analytics or Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- 0-2 years work experience
- Prior programming and/or technology experience
- Ability to study, focus, and demonstrate organization skills
- Strong verbal, written, and nonverbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work in our Cary, NC office full-time, M-F
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time