Join a dynamic, fast paced team of communications professionals serving the community by ensuring, efficient, and processing of transport requests!
Job Title: Dispatcher FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Communications Reports To: Dispatch Supervisor
The dispatcher serves as an integral part of the company’s operation by gathering pick-up and drop-off locations and patient information. You then provide clear, concise direction to field personnel to facilitate the scheduling and transport of emergency and non-emergency patients.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent customer service when dealing with customers and employees. This process is often handled over the telephone and other electronic means of communications.
- Understands local and state geography to help determine response times for transports.
- Utilizes information received from the caller to determine priority and nature of call, assign and dispatch appropriate truck
- Data entry of information into industry specific software
- Transmits call information to personnel via radio
- Ensures calls are prioritized in accordance with company Standard Operating Guidelines
- Must be able to physically report to work in a timely manner on a regular basis
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures
- Medical terminology
- Familiarity with local geographical region (Southwest Florida)
- Use of computers
- answering of telephones
- fax machine, telephone, and radio
- use of internet to access web based applications
- mapping applications
- vehicle tracking software
- employee crew scheduling
- able to type minimum of 30 wpm
Behavioral and Physical Abilities
- able to work independently with little supervision
- speak clearly and fluently
- function in a team oriented environment
- foster and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment
- ability to work a shift with odd hours, including overnights and weekends
- ability to work under stress
- Remains polite and patient while collaborating with facilities calling in for transports
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Training and/or Experience
- Emergency Medical Dispatch training
- Medical Terminology
- HIPAA training
- ZollData RescueNet Dispatch-Billing system
- Network Fleet GPS Systems
Ambitrans Medical Transport, Inc.
Ambulance Management Services, LLC
Equal Opportunity Employers-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Drug Free Workplace