Title: Driver Reports To: Operations Supervisor
FMLA Status: Non-Exempt Division: Ambitrans Medical Transport
Summary: The transport of patients to and from hospitals, convalescent facilities, dialysis centers, rehabilitation centers, medical offices, and private homes in a safe and professional manner. Drivers will be responsible for keeping the vehicles and the equipment maintained, ensuring that the vehicle has all necessary supplies, completion of shift forms, notifying dispatching office of any changes in shift schedule or patient care and maintaining FCMT professional code of ethics. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Transporting patients in a safe and professional manner
· Communicates with dispatch in order to receive relevant data and instructions
· Maintain professional behavior, and attitudes in regard to customers, patients, visitors, coworkers, and facility personnel
· Completion of vehicle maintenance inspection prior to shift usage for safe and comfortable patient transport
· Assists with patient transferring and balancing patients
· Capable of understanding directions and the ability to use a GPS system
· Possess excellent communication skills and deals with a variety of situations while being part of a team
· Follows instructions with minimum supervision
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
· Must be 18 or older for insurance purposes
· Able to operate a vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions
· Demonstrates strong customer relations and problem resolution skills
· Develops a good working knowledge and procedures
· Knowledge of SW Florida area, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota and Manatee counties in particular
· Driver with class E license with a clean driving record
· Current CPR certification
· Must pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen and background check
Behavioral and Physical Skills:
· Ability to create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
· Can work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
· Able to work with much standing, bending, and kneeling
· Able to work with partner in lifting patients whose weight occasionally exceeds 250 pounds
· Strength required but not limited to arms, legs, and shoulders to lift, push and pull patients with and without assistance at various times.
· Able to avoid or minimize health risks from exposure to ill patients
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Graduate or GED
Preferred consideration will be given to applicants currently attending a state certified EMT program who are more the 90 days into their program.
CPR for medical providers and First Aid are a plus
Ambitrans Medical Transport, Inc.
Ambulance Management Services, LLC
Equal Opportunity Employers-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Drug Free Workplace