Maintenance Assistant - Camp WaBak
(Travelers Rest, SC Area)
$16 - $17/hr DOE
A key maintenance team member who assists in the daily maintenance work supporting our 135-acre residential camp property, located in the northwestern area of Greenville County. Under the direction of the Camp Ranger/Site Manager, this hands-on Maintenance Assistant position supports camp facilities and grounds through landscaping, completing minor repairs of equipment and buildings, and janitorial services, consistent with established policies and procedures of the camp.
OBJECTIVES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes preventative maintenance schedule as directed for site to ensure buildings, grounds and equipment are kept in optimal condition.
- Performs assigned year-round grounds maintenance including mowing, tree removal, road repair, clearing of trails, ice/snow removal, etc.
- Performs assigned year-round building maintenance and repair (generalist skills in plumbing, electrical, construction) and completes required janitorial tasks.
- Serves as host, resource, and emergency contact for property usage/site rentals for which he/she has direct on-call responsibility.
- Assists in fostering positive community relations with neighbors, state and local regulatory agencies, community groups, suppliers, volunteer/civic groups and other businesses to facilitate smooth property operations and program activities.
- Opens and closes all site units by cleaning and making repairs, turning on/off water/septic systems, moving equipment, and winterizing resources.
- Monitors site/units for damage caused by weather, vandalism, etc.
- Works with program staff and volunteers to ensure that sites support scheduled activities; provide logistical support for activities.
- Assists with camper logistics including luggage, transportation, and equipment that supports the camping experience.
- Assists in ensuring the site is in compliance with regulations, restrictions, Safety Activity Checkpoints, ACA, and local/state health and building codes.
- Responsible for following site security and emergency systems and procedures.
- Assist at other GSSC-MM locations as needed.
- Follows established facility and property policies, procedures, and plans.
- Attends other meetings as appropriate with managers, volunteers, service centers, etc.
- Works productively with a diverse group of people.
- Assists in the smooth functioning of the council by performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years property maintenance/management experience.
- Have or obtain training and certifications for CPO, etc.
- Strong project management skills, ability to interact effectively with staff and volunteers at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer software.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, construction, and landscape/lawn service.
- Upon hire, must hold and maintain active personal membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Must have and retain personal transportation and ability to drive, possess a valid driver’s license, maintain personal auto insurance/meet the council insurance company’s requirement for coverage, and submit to drug test and background.
We offer rich, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits that includes Council covering 85% of the employee costs (dependent coverage is also offered at employee’s expense). The council pays for the short and long-term disability plans as well as a life insurance policy. Other offerings include supplemental life as well as ancillary programs. With a 401(k) plan offered as well, we have a generous PTO accrual package with holidays and much more.
Girl Scouts of South Carolina – Mountains to Midlands council is the largest organization serving girls in South Carolina. The council has a current membership of close to 6,000 girls, more than 3,000 volunteers and a staff of 40 (plus an additional 30+ seasonally). Girl Scouting is the largest organization for girls in the world. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)