The Customer Care Specialist will act as a liaison, provide service information and resolve any
emerging issues a customer might face with accuracy and efficiency. Responsibilities include managing
large amounts of incoming calls, identify and assess customer’s needs to achieve satisfaction, build
sustainable relationships and trust with customer through open and interactive communication, handle
customer complaints by providing appropriate solutions, ensure resolution, keep records of customer
interactions, process billing and payments, and assist with insurance compliance.
The Customer Care Specialist will be expected to produce a minimum agreed upon quantity and quality of
daily deliverables (e.g., daily call count, individual Customer contacts and error-free correspondence) as
agreed upon with the Customer Care Manager.
Reports To: Supervisor, Customer Care
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Providing Customer Service
- Assist and answer incoming requests from Customers in an Accurate, Fast, Friendly and Flexible manner.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude to promote a collaborative and enjoyable work environment.
- Identify and assess customer’s needs to achieve satisfied resolution.
- Provides accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Effectively manages large amounts of customer requests.
- Works with Customer Care Supervisor/Manager to ensure customer centric service is being delivered in a superior manner.
- Assists with Special Projects assigned by Customer Care Manager.
- Prepare Payoff and Year End Letters, complete a Statement of Accounts, Calculate Trade-up balance for credit processing.
- Helps to identify and processes documents for Transfer and Assumption requests.
- Complete Payoff paperwork once funds are received through the Access system.
- Responds to customer email requests as assigned.
- Process payments and Skip Payments.
- Promptly process any incoming correspondence via USPS including but not limited to return mail.
- Prepare end of contract documents such as an Account Completion Letter, Bill of Sale or Title Release.
- Maintain customer records by updating contract information such as address, phone, and email changes.
- Keep record of customer interactions by logging all customer touches in LP/Aspire.
- Update ACH account changes and requests for Due Date Change.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying, prioritizing and completing critical tasks independently, creatively and always with a sense of urgency.
- Strong, communication, problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Timely decision-making ability.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and Access, as well as Internet-based solutions and AmurEF platforms (e.g., Lease Plus, Aspire, SSRS)
- Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
Education and Training Guidelines
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Prefer three (3) to five (5) year’s work experience in commercial collections/and or customer service
Career Type: Professional
A successful work product is accomplished by an individual working within teams, requiring application of
expertise in professional area(s) to achieve the targeted results. Progression within Department is
reflected by increasing depth of professional knowledge, project/process management skills, ability to
influence others and responsibilities for managing increasingly complex tasks.
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
This position will not have either direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, copiers/scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. May require training in new
software systems or learning upgraded software programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to talk or hear; may be
necessary to stand, walk, handle, or reach with hands or arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however,
some filing is required, calling for the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool
as necessary. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally
required to pack and move files or boxes as well as lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This position may have access to confidential information.
- A background check is required.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of AmurEF are Monday through Friday, typically 8:00AM to 5:00PM or 8:30AM to 5:30PM. Staying late may be necessary on occasions, especially at month end, quarter end and/or yearend.
No travel is expected in the ordinary course of business.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. The duties,
responsibilities and activities for this position may change at any time with or without notice.