Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet.
Join us as a Dishwasher/Prep Cook!
The Dishwasher/Prep Cook is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for all pots, pans, dishes, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish washing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility. Furthermore, this position requires ongoing support of the kitchen operation, assisting with the receiving and restocking, setting up/breaking down stations, bussing the café, and heating food to proper temperatures prior to putting out.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, pots, pans, and other cooking utensils both in the dish machine and by hand (when necessary); restock to appropriate areas when clean
- Dish machine and area maintenance, including changing the dishwater every hour; ensuring soak sinks and dish machines have the appropriate cleaning or sanitizing solutions; set-up and breakdown; trash removal; and notifying supervisor if machine cycles fall below safety standards.
- Sweeping and mopping, ensuring that floors remain dry and clean of any spills or trash.
- Set-up, replenishing, and break-down of food bars (soup, salad, hot) and supplies (soup cups, lids, containers, napkins)
- Assist in maintaining the food safety standards of food bars (soup, salad, hot) by monitoring temperatures, proper food labeling, and keeping all surfaces clear of debris.
- Prepare food items for production as assigned by Kitchen Management.
- Basic knowledge of knife handling and other kitchen equipment safety techniques
- Awareness of and compliance with all Montgomery County Health Code policies
This job operates in a kitchen environment and will routinely require the use of sinks, dishwashers, and other tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completion of daily tasks in order of priority, as assigned by Kitchen Management.
- Efficient time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment when necessary.
- Understanding of plant safety and maintenance procedures and of basic functions, controls, and safe operation of equipment.
- Maintain personal appearance and proper hygiene per Montgomery County Health Code standards.
- Ability to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent, frequent basis.
- Knowledge of Weavers Way staff and membership policies.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Weavers Way Cooperative Association.
- Be or become upon hiring a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op.