Job Title: Director of Community Association Services
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Department: Community Association Management
Exemption Status: Exempt/Salary
Summary: This position is directly responsible for creating solid Board of Director (BOD) relationships so that long term relationships are developed, and the Board Members highly recommend Hammersmith® services to other communities. This position also assists in procuring new clients, maximizing participation in Hammersmith® Programs as client resources. Additionally, supervision and oversight of the operational, administrative and financial coordination and success of the Manager team encouraging a positive Corporate Culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solid Board of Director relationships
- Contact Boards on a quarterly basis or more often as necessary, using the Hammersmith® standard to:
- Attend Board meetings as necessary.
- Meet BOD members outside of Board Meetings for performance review.
- Establish current level of client satisfaction.
- Determine if BOD would recommend Hammersmith® services to others.
- Determine what tools/resources a BOD requires and help in the implementation and use of the internal resources/services.
- If it is determined a BOD is dissatisfied, make continuous, on-going contact with them to resolve issues.
- Engage and involve other department heads as necessary to resolve any service concerns or improve processes.
- Encourage Board education and participation in educational opportunities provide by the company, CAI or other industry experts.
- Build consistency in establishing Hammersmith® processes and procedures by:
Managing expectations of the BOD.
Educating the BOD about company systems.
Educating the Managers.
Work with Managers to ensure work product is consistent
Action Item lists
Follow-up within 2-3 weeks
Be available for direct reports and other Managers as needed.
- Make presentations to new and existing clients.
- Follow-up with BOD after proposals and presentations are delivered.
- Maintain a strong presence in the community.
- Take incoming calls from prospective clients, current clients, homeowners, etc.
- Understand the availability of managers.
- Determine what’s in the pipeline.
- Identify resources that are needed.
Maximize Participation in Hammersmith® Programs
- Must fully understand the programs and their benefits.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to teach and educate about Hammersmith® Programs.
- Create excitement about the programs available.
- Communicate Hammersmith® programs to BODs.
- Enlist/include the support of “Program-Experts” support in communicating Hammersmith® programs.
- Continuously improve/develop programs.
- Provide constant feedback to business partners.
- Address and resolve any issues/concerns related to Hammersmith® programs.
Operational, administrative and financial coordination and success of your Manager team
- Responsible for the effectiveness of your team’s activities.
- Responsible for the renewal contract process for each client including generating and presenting it, receiving, reviewing and approving contract renewal forms from Managers and making sure all contracts are signed and placed in Hammersmith® designated contract files.
- Work with department heads as it relates to:
- Evaluation/observation of employees within the office.
- Budget development and achievement.
- Space constraints.
- Technical needs.
- Maintain sound relationships with vendors, and other business partenrs, etc.
- Return calls.
- Identify vendor concerns.
- Educate new and existing direct reports and other employees as it relates to what our Mission Statement, Core Values and Our Shared Commitment Statement represent, understanding that these are the cornerstones of our company and that our Corporate Culture is the “way we do business.”
- Be a good steward of the company culture, and lead by example.
- Address issues as they arise.
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity and Life Balance.
- Coordinate and lead team building exercises/programs.
- Continuously promote and use to resolve issues.
- Provides guidance to the Community Association Managers and other Community Association staff.
- Ensure that staff members are in compliance with all company policies per the Hammersmith® Employee Handbook.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve performance goals.
- Provide recruiting requests to Human Resources for available positions within the department; interview and hire employees.
- Train and develop staff.
- Provide timely one-on-ones with staff.
- Monitor and report on staffing needs within the department.
- Review employee timesheets/punches for accuracy.
- Handle disciplinary issues with support staff.
- Create employee action plans as needed
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year of experience in supervising direct reports.
- Minimum five years of experience in HOA portfolio management and hold the CMCA® (Certified Manager of Community Associations) and AMS® (Association Management Specialist) designations.
- This job typically operates in a office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is largely sedentary and may require constant sitting with occasional standing/walking.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This is considered a leadership position and the employee is expected to perform as required for the success of the company.
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick, vacation and personal time and much more! Communication and travel reimbursement.