This is a wonderful time to join Providence as we expand to support people within the Charles County area as a House Counselor! A House Counselor is a lead Residential Direct Support Professional who is responsible for supporting the people we serve in a community-based home. As a House Counselor, you will assist people with daily-life activities, encouraging assertiveness, and supporting decisions making. You will also be a resource for other Direct Support Professionals and help facilitate meaningful interactions between staff and the people we support. Be a valued resource to the staff within the residence and to the people we support.
Person-first - Every step is driven by the person and unique to the person.
Community - Is meant for every person.
Relationships - Real connections, real experiences, real expectations.
Accountability - Doing the right things for the right reasons; every day.
House Counselor Pay scale: $17.75 per hour
House Counselor Job Type: Full-time 30 hours+ per week
House Counselor Schedule: Wendesday 3-10pm with sleepover
Thursday 6:30am-9am & 3pm-10pm with sleepover
Fr6:30am-9am and E/O Fr3-10pm with sleepover
Sa 8am-10pm with sleepover
A House Counselor
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid driver's license ; NOT provisional
- Has 1 year experience providing supports to people. 2 years of comparable experience preferred
- May have a CMT Certification (preferred)
- Is able/willing to transport people in personal and/or company vehicle
- Has a High school diploma/GED
- Has Computer skills
Your Responsibilities as a House Counselor
- Oversight of residential operations (such as household funds, household supplies, maintenance logs, safety drills etc.) for the house and people we serve and ensure accountability for all expenditures.
- Advise and communicate with other Direct Support Professional staff regarding residential operations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Plan (IP), personal plan or an alternative framework or individual teaching plan.
- Assists people supported to meet physical (e.g., health, grooming, toileting, eating) and personal management needs (e.g., human development, home care etc.), by teaching skills, providing supports, and building on individual strengths and capabilities that will lead to increased independence.
- Contribute as a part of a Providence team, building companionship and community, facilitating supports, developing activities that have value to the person.
- Explores vocational interests and aptitudes, assists in preparing for job or school entry, and reviews opportunities for continued career growth.
- Educates people receiving supports, co-workers and community members about issues by providing information and support.
Benefits for You as a House Counselor
- Medical (company contribution 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
- Dental (company contribution 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
- Vision (company contribution 32% towards cost of all plans)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
- Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (company paid)
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- 401k (5% company match)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance
A full House Counselor job description is available upon request.