JOB SUMMARY: Executes and researches most financial functions, including but not limited to cooperative accounting, stop loss reporting, aggregate reporting, billing and cash management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting system for consortiums and cooperatives including claims payments and cash transactions.
- Analyze carrier enrollment information and prepare monthly client invoices.
- Assist senior finance specialist with analysis of data for stop loss and aggregate claim filing.
- Assist senior finance specialist with financial and aggregate reporting.
- General finance division tasks as needed.
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved
for this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.
- Must be able to travel for daily bank deposits and mail.
- Must be able to sit or stand and type utilizing computer for up to 75% of the workday.
- Must be able to lift document storage boxes.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in Finance or Accounting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Specific knowledge of accounting software required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management staff, employees, and the general public required.
- Excellent knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office products required.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format required.