NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We consider ourselves a community of tastemakers and firestarters who always strive to challenge the status quo.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experience, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.
We seek a driven designer to join our US office in the DMV area. This role will join a community of talented designers across three continents to craft great work. NJI’s creative team handles the complex world of public affairs, big tech, and nonprofits. We believe creativity can transform perceptions and foster conversations. Find the idea of designing for the United Nations thrilling? Want to build avatars that help communities understand the role of equity in healthcare? Don’t mind multi-disciplinary work where no day is similar? This role may be right for you.
The right candidate possesses a refined taste, a penchant for the daring, and the curiosity of a thousand chameleons. Foundational skills in typography and layout will go far here. Working knowledge across the adobe suite is a must. Experience, but not necessarily expertise, in motion is critical. Exposure to executives, and creative strategy is a great bonus. This isn’t the right role for someone fresh out of college, but if you have 2-3 years of experience in an agency, or somewhere with exposure to public affairs, we encourage you to apply.
This position is remote eligible in the DMV area. Time will be required in the Alexandria, VA office with reasonable notice (think once or twice a month for team building and collaboration). NJI does maintain a hybrid/remote work policy for all offices.
What You Will Do.
- Design materials across a number of mediums including but not limited to: print layouts, presentations, social media.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with our divisions: technology, production, video, account management, content, and project management.
- Challenge the status quo with new ideas, tactics, and concepts. Want to 3d print an idea? Ready to explore a document in the metaverse? Bring it on.
- Contribute to our craft by maintaining high standards of process and technique #neverbesatisfied
- Collaborate with talented designers across the globe.
- Become a fluent advocate for NJI brand and help us evolve it.
What We are Looking For.
- Wowza portfolio: You have astute aesthetics. Portfolio should demonstrate a working knowledge across the adobe suite. Applications submitted without a portfolio link, or attachment will be disqualified.
- Growth-Mindset: You find opportunity in challenges. NJI is a fast-paced, growing business across the globe, which means constantly re-evaluating how we operate. We’re seeking a partner thrilled to contribute to that growth.
- Skill-Fluency: You have an ability to pivot between techniques and toe the line between design and art.
- Creative-Enabler: you know how to foster creativity within a project, and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels for best results.
- Avid Listener: You make internal and external clients feel heard, inspired, and transcended in your conversations, offering best practices and sound counsel.
- Process-Guru: you have proven success in scaling and improving large, multi-faceted projects. You know how to streamline every phase of a creative project from research and ideation through refinement and delivery.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume, and write something that personally expresses who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.