Pay Range: $24.25-$35.25/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets. As the Assistant Manager of the 6th Alley Bar & Grill, you will lead by example while overseeing the day-to-day operations of this F&B outlet and assisting the Manager with anything pertaining to the front-of-house operations. This can include the training, scheduling, and coaching of employees as well as dealing with employee or guest issues.
A-Basin employees look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic. We are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and join our Food and Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Shift meals each day while working
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- Year-round bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Oversee and delegate the daily tasks of about 15 restaurant employees including bar tenders, servers, hosts, bussers, cooks, and dishwashers.
- Take on manager duties in the absence of the Manager.
- Train staff to cash handling and service standards set forth by the F&B management team.
- Holds staff accountable for operational standards including attendance, grooming, task list, and overall service level
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Interacts positively with all customers to ensure they receive the best product and overall experience.
- Oversee and delegate employees' daily tasks in a high-volume F&B environment to ensure all standards of service and cleanliness are met.
- Adhere to and enforce all state and local health codes in regard to food handling and food service.
- Assist manager with inventory of all front-of-house items such as incidentals, condiments, and beverages including liquor and beer.
- Works closely with the F&B management team to ensure a cohesive message to staff.
- Executes special events in the 6th Alley including set up, tear down, service, and collection of payment.
- Adhere to and be a leader in A-Basin Sustainability efforts for waste, compost, and recycling.
- Actively look to solve problems creatively and effectively with regard to guest and employee issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of management or supervisor experience.
- 2 years cash handling experience.
- 2 years of restaurant front-of-house specific experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to keep focus in a crowded setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a productive team player.
- Use a full range of body motions: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must provide own non-slip footwear.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
You will work in a table service restaurant with most time spent indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role. Some work time will be spent in an office setting, sitting down, and using a computer.