The Production Associate/Machine Operator reports to the Production Manager. This position is responsible for operating machinery for the door construction and assembly process.
- Operates production machinery in accordance with prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include various hand tools.
- Ability to read simple work orders.
- Knows product (different styles and sizes), swings (inswing and outswing), standard specifications (bore and hinge)
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of/ or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. frequently.
- Previous experience in production/manufacturing environment
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across departments.
- Able to process information and learn best practices.
- Positive attitude in busy environment