REPORTS TO: SERVICE MANAGER
OUR VISION: To share the greatest experiences with both our team and our guests.
Our Professional Server job functions include:
Maintaining Professional Appearance & Practice Punctuality
- Follow grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Adhere to cellular device policy
- Always arrive to work on time
Prepares for Great Experience
- Prepare dining room by clothing tables and setting condiments and utensils.
- Servers keep table condiments stocked and arrange table attractively and according to dining room standards.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Protects establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
Greeting Guests with Warm Welcome
- Approach guests with warm, welcoming greet. After all, we are in the land of Southern Hospitality!
- Follow each Great Experience Step (our steps of service)
- Answer phones and provide welcoming phone greeting and following phone procedures including taking reservations and guest ordering procedures.
- Give reservation and menu information over the phone to Guests and give accurate estimate of pickup time.
Serves Guests and Anticipates Needs
- Serve guests with a gracious attitude and genuine smile.
- Serve food and beverages in a prompt, positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Respond to additional guests requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
- Communicates to the service team any requests or needs of the guest.
Describe, Sell, and Present Food and Bar Items
- Learn each menu and bar item to be able to sell to guests.
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen team is running out of any items, etc.
- Help guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails; suggesting courses; explaining the feature specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording guest choices; identifying guests special dietary needs and special requests
- Keep kitchen team informed by noting timing of meal progression
Serving Food & Bar Items
- Serve orders promptly by picking up and delivering guests choices from bar and kitchen; deliver accompaniments and condiments from service bars
Clearing and Cleaning Tables
- Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to spills or other special needs
- Removes dishes, silverware, glassware and all other items not being used, when guests are finished with entrée course.
- Returns dirty dishware, glassware, utensils and linen to the dishwashing area; sorts items according to the decoy system, placing them in prescribed area for proper disposition.
- Clears all table items after Guest is finished and has left table.
- Resets vacated tables
Serves Other Servers & Bartenders
- Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the bar.
- Assists service staff in spot cleaning in dining room, as needed.
- Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
Maintaining a Neat, Clean, and Organized Service Area
- Must keep yourself and the service and bar area clean and organized, maintaining all sanitation standards.
- Performs all opening, running, and closing duties / side work.
Collecting Payment & Sweet Farewell
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting guests to return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, accepting payments, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to guests.
AMAZING BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A great wage along with great tips.
- An opportunity to work and grow with a great team of leaders who are dedicated to helping you become the best version of yourself.
- Flexible hours because we know life can be a juggling act.
- A Great Place to Work - Amazing guests to serve and great team to work with!
- Job Advancement - the opportunity for advancement is great... Bartender, Service Manager, Kitchen Manager, General Manager
- Health insurance options
- Paid vacation
- Closed on all major holidays. - We close for your to enjoy holidays with family and friends (New Year’s Day, Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Company matched 401k up to 4%
- Annual flu shot
- Discounts on food
- Discounted hotel rooms
Team Member Requirements:
- Minimum Age: 18+
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Must have reliable transportation to work and be punctual
- Wear complete and proper uniform for each work shift, including a great big smile :)
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
- Understanding of proper food handling and sanitation procedures
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
- Ability to read, speak, and understand communication in English
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 60 pounds on a frequent basis
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively