To ensure safe and secure travel on Whitefield Academy buses for students and staff traveling to and from school, to athletic events, and other activities.
- Safely operate school buses on scheduled routes and/or on all types of trips in support of school approved activities, in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as Whitefield Academy policies.
- Service, inspect, and clean school buses and related equipment as required by federal, state, and local laws as well as Whitefield Academy policies.
- Manage student passengers.
- Operate and service all school bus equipment and accessories including but not limited to fire extinguishers, highway warning kits, first aid kits, etc.
- Perform required operational safety inspection of the school bus and all related equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly school bus. Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection to include fuel, oil, coolant, and tire inflation.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by administration.
- Minimum age 25
- Valid Georgia CDL (Commercial Drivers License) Class B with P (Passenger) and S (School Bus) endorsements
- Minimum two years bus driving experience
- Meet the physical and mental standards necessary to perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities of a school bus driver as described in this job description. Verification by a physician’s examination is required per DOT guidelines.
- Ability to develop rapport with students
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Embrace a strong commitment to Christian education and academic excellence consistent with the mission of Whitefield Academy
In addition, the person should:
- Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
- Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith
- Commit to exhibiting Whitefield’s core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the school’s diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
- Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
- Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in campus buildings and grounds, and secondarily in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds often, 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds often, 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds rarely; crawling rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing and kneeling intermittently; stooping regularly; reaching, sitting, standing, bending, and walking often. To perform this job the person must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Conditions may exist that create exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This part-time, hourly position will begin August 2023. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.