We will only consider candidates that are physically located in the following States (no exceptions)
CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI
We do not sponsor work visas/OPTs/CPTs/Perm. Res. etc.
WHO WE ARE (Why you will LOVE us)
Academic Programs International (API) encourages students of all ages to embark on a lifelong experiential educational journey that enriches lives, communities and organizations and helps every student, college and company to achieve their goals.
Through the creation of APIConnect, an experiential education technology platform, the company helps colleges, universities and students create and discover learning experiences customized to meet their needs. APIConnect offers a vast library of destinations, accredited courses, internships, and original programming geared toward maximizing students’ college experiences so they are better prepared for the workforce upon graduation.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, US, API sends thousands of students on hundreds of programs both virtually and in more than 60 cities in nearly 25 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and the Middle East.
If you are someone who thinks differently, is passionate about serving students, and wants to be a part of a fun and hard-working culture, then this is the company for you.
What you will be doing
The Program Manager, Customized Programs, will manage a portfolio of customized, faculty-led and experiential study abroad programs for US colleges, universities and partner institutions, from development and negotiation, through implementation. Program Manager is also responsible for growing and sustaining professional relationships among university faculty and study abroad staff, while proactively seeking out new customized program development opportunities.
How you will get the job done
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of customized, faculty-led and experiential programs.
- Proactively seek out new customized program development opportunities.
- Gather specific details and requirements for requested programs.
- Collaborate with international staff and partner organizations to develop comprehensive itineraries and budgets for programs.
- Prepare and present detailed program proposals and contracts for university partners.
- Oversee the program pre-departure process to prepare international staff, enrollment staff and faculty for program implementation.
- Analyze post-program evaluation summaries, recommend improvements on future programs and initiate renewal of next year's programs.
What we are looking for
What experience you should have
- Experience developing and sustaining professional relationships across diverse groups of people.
- Experience in account management, sales or similar position managing multiple clients/customers, programs, projects, etc.
- Previous experience working in higher ed, international education, student advising, or assisting faculty and their staff preferred.
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or evening and weekends during peak times of the year
What sets you a part
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (particularly Excel and Sheets).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or similar CRM).
- Talent for organizing tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment, including excellent follow-up and meeting established deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills, with consistent and attentive follow-through; must have an eye for detail while juggling other projects, deadlines and distractions.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly with people from around the world and across diverse groups of people.
KEY EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Previous participation in a study/work/intern/volunteer abroad program preferred.
- Previous experience managing faculty-led study abroad programs preferred.
- Customer Focus | Problem-Solving | Communication | Team Approach