Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Electrical Assembler I performs the tasks associated with both mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies in the final assembly of equipment for Conair, Republic Machine, or Thermal Care brand products. The assembly role builds, tests, and repairs industrial machinery for our customers. This role requires good mechanical aptitude for the production of precision parts and assemblies. This position reports to the production team leaders and is located in our assembly plant in Franklin, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble equipment to engineering drawings, schematics, and IPEG standards, based on work orders or production schedules, according to specifications;
- Perform quality checks on products and parts;
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications;
- Position or align components for assembly;
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies;
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using hand/electric/pneumatic tools;
- Layout and sometimes manufacture precision parts involved with assemblies and sub-assemblies;
- Verbally report progress and problems to the team leader in a professional manner;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment through a continued program of daily sweeping and general cleaning;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Position typically expects one (1) to three (3) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position;
- Mechanical or electrical work experience;
- Moderate knowledge of general manufacturing with good mechanical aptitude;
- Basic math skills;
- Relies on verbal and written instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job;
- Works under moderate supervision;
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment;
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Must maintain composure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with management in analyzing product line assembly efficiency;
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required;
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.