Are you searching for an opportunity to make a real impact, experience professional growth, and become a respected member of one of the 200 Healthiest Credit Unions in the nation?
Cardinal Credit Union has been selected by The Cleveland Plain Dealer as a Top Workplace 3 years in a row and one of the Best Workplaces in Ohio.
Here at Cardinal, we believe in creating a strong culture that encourages and supports teamwork, integrity, mutual respect, and accountability our core values. Our goal is to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging workplace where staff is challenged to do their best. Cardinal strives to create a culture supporting ideas and innovation and offers various opportunities for both personal growth and professional development. An intensive management training program is the cornerstone of our strategic growth plan: it instructs teammates to seek unique solutions for financial challenges; invigorates collaboration and teamwork, causing staff to think outside the box. This creativity ultimately enhances the lives of families in our service communities, which in turn serves as an economic stimulus for Ohio residents.
Our Tellers assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. To increase the acquisition of memberships and member awareness concerning Credit Union products and Services.
This is a Float Member Advisor position. You will be required to travel to our local branches when needed to cover lunches, vacations, days off of for other Tellers.
· Our Member Advisors receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments. Balances cash drawer and makes settlement of daily activity. Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning credit union products and services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information.
· Answer questions about products and services and refers problems that are beyond their authority to the Branch Manager. Identifies cross sell opportunities and cross sell services to members through in person transactional sessions, as well as by telephone and outbound calls.
· Medical, prescription, dental, vision
· Life and long-term disability Insurance, employer paid
· Generous 401(k) plan
· Paid time off and holidays
· Loan discounts
· Tuition reimbursement to help foster career development.
· Considerable and substantive internal training on a myriad of banking subjects, member service, professionalism, and best industry practices.
Cardinal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We are a non-smoking work environment.
Experience: Minimum of six months customer service and cash handling experience is required.
Minimum of six months sales/referral experience that includes providing related products and service options to customers required.
Education: A high school education, some college preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.