Who We Are:
KL&A is an IT consulting firm that knocks the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations across the United States to develop creative business solutions through project & program management and custom software applications so they can focus on what’s most important…their mission.
We are honored to be named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for five consecutive years! Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. This is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your PJ bottoms at home, or a combination of the two.
Who You Are:
You have a passion for guiding the creation of solutions that solve clients’ business problems. Your magnetic energy and attitude propel the team to success, leaving teammates and clients grateful to be part of the journey. Your inquisitive mind is constantly looking for opportunities to grow which inspires you to do your best work every day. You’re able to seamlessly transition from one task to the next without skipping a beat and your attention to detail is so good it’s scary. Communicating to individuals with differing skill sets is your specialty, and you naturally captivate those in the conference room (or Zoom meeting) to settle conflicts and contract negotiations. Building relationships and becoming a trusted business partner to clients brings you joy as you strive to make their lives easier. Your proactive approach ensures you stay one step ahead, consistently delivering outstanding results and exceeding expectations. You find great fulfillment in making a meaningful difference through your work. You are driven by the opportunity to positively impact projects, teams, and clients, and eagerly embrace challenges.
About the Role:
As a Project Manager in the Program Management Office (PMO), your top priority will be driving project success. Your dedication to said success will ensure the delivery of high-quality deliverables that create meaningful business value for our clients and achieve their strategic goals. You’ll work in a PMO structure with fellow colleagues as well as client stakeholders throughout all stages of project execution. You will be responsible for creating program and project documentation and artifacts, such as status reports, stakeholder presentations, timelines, etc. Establishing and managing successful client relationships, while balancing their interests and internal priorities, will be crucial in anticipating, identifying, and mitigating project risks. Working alongside the program manager, other project managers, and support specialists within the PMO, you'll contribute to the client organization's long-term strategic goals. In this role, you’ll make a real difference in Michigan communities, utilizing your proactive approach to drive project success, foster team growth, and contribute to the client's overall achievements.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without current or future need for a visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a project manager with a record of successfully leading and coordinating projects in non-technical domains
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies and the demonstrated experience applying them appropriately to client business needs and requests
- Understanding of business analysis process concepts such as BPR, BPA, and BPM, and how business needs drive implementation approach to solutions.
- Extensive experience in successfully managing complex projects including contract management and process reengineering.
- Must be able to understand and appropriately respond to client needs.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills to accurately present information to audiences of all skill levels.
- Must be able to develop project schedules to identify and mitigate risks.
- Ability to develop statements of work, technical reports, and proposals.
- Ability to manage the project budget and adjust accordingly based on schedule and scope changes.
- Ability to allocate human and technical resources according to project needs.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, such as SharePoint, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Must be self motivated with a desire and drive to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual.
- Willingness to work on site with the client on an as-needed basis (up to 20%).
- Experience working within a Program Management Office.
- Professional certification in Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute or equivalent.
- Professional training or certification in Organizational Change Management.
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Jira, TFS or similar
- Experience within the government domain.
- Knowledge of, or experience within, the Behavioral Health, Juvenile Justice, or Child Welfare domains.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks of paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- Paid parental leave
- Family building assistance (adoption reimbursement, IVF counseling, etc.)
- 401(k) with immediate employer match
- Workspace customization bonus
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting bonuses
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Premium healthcare insurance, including medical, dental, and vision for individuals, families, and domestic partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Voluntary insurance options, such as pet, critical illness, AD&D, and life.
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready.) New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in-person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.