LOCATION: Wayne County Healthy Community - Hamtramck, MI 48212
SUMMARY: Our large healthcare organization is seeking a candidate for a Quality Manager position. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analysis and reporting, with the skills necessary to improve our current Quality Improvement (QI) and Risk Management (RM) processes. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data interpretation, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgment within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Leads and ensures implementation and effectiveness of Quality Improvement (QI) and Risk Management (RM) programs at all health center locations.
- Develops programs to review and evaluate patient care and health outcomes.
- Attends monthly Board Meetings to provide board members with quality updates.
- Assists with data analysis and reporting of quality improvement studies.
- Participating and developing interventions (e.g. Provider level report cards)
- Evaluating and reporting compliance rates on quarterly basis
- Creating process documentation for QI activities.
- Conducts studies and analyzes data to evaluate the organization's performance in quality improvement.
- Collecting data from one or more sources including encounter, claims, and other data sources.
- Works directly with the Clinic Director and Chief Medical Officer to improve patient care and develop more efficient operations.
- Assisting with EMR"/Azara troubleshooting and optimization.
- Insurance coordination/ insurance reporting on qualifying measures via chart review and other measures
- Provide oversight, tracking and direction on required monthly and quarterly outreach efforts. Coordinate electronic outreach efforts via Luma.
- Assist with Quality staff trainings and policy compliance.
- Prepare and run quarterly emergency preparedness drills.
- Oversee training and develop materials for all new and existing employees and volunteers.
- Perform monthly safety checks/walk throughs at both sites.
- Development of the safety program and periodic overview of goals and policies.
- Quarterly Safety/Infection Control Meetings - reports to QIC
- The Quality Manager also serves as the HIPAA Security Officer and is responsible for addressing security issues as they arise and recommend and approve immediate security actions to be undertaken. The Quality Manager is responsible for identifying areas of concern within the HIPAA practice and acts as the first line of defense in enhancing the security posture of the HIPAA practice. These duties include, but are not limited to:
o Maintaining a log of security enhancements and features that have been implemented to further protect all sensitive information and assets held by the Practice.
o Maintaining a log of security concerns or confidentiality issues. This log must be maintained on a routine basis and must include the dates of an event, the actions taken to address the event, and recommendations for personnel actions, if appropriate.
o Workforce security management, to authorize a level of minimum access pertaining to job description, revoke access and supervise workforce members who need direct access to information systems containing ePHI to accomplish his/her legitimate job duties or responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in health sciences, business, clinical or related field required. Masters in health administration, public health field, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of broad experience in health care management, preferred community health, primary care field preferred.
- Ability to evaluate health records and other health care data.
- Ability to both lead and follow in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and multitask efficiently.
- Proficient in MS office and computer systems.
- Ability to present statistical data in a clear and understandable manner.
- A passion for working with at-risk, culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to organize, analyze and synthesize complex data from various sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
SALARY: $27 - $32 hourly (depending on Qualification/Experience)
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, and Vision insurance
- 401a & 403b
- Long Term Disability
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023.
Please contact SEMHA HR Department if you need assistance to upload resume or make application online.