Capital Christian Center has been a cornerstone of outreach and community in Sacramento for over a hundred years. Since its humble beginnings in 1916 at the home of Mrs. William Hatfield, the wife of a Sacramento attorney, Capital’s halls are now not only filled with hundreds of Christian believers who share in God’s love through worship and service, but also employees who consistently strive for spiritual, intellectual, and academic development in their work here.
It is along with these pursuits that we are looking for more amiable, humble, and respectable professionals to join our workplace community. Capital Christian Center and School provide a working environment where employees can share their unique abilities and passions together with their colleagues, impacting the lives of others on both small and large scales in the community. Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV) notes, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” With this, we ultimately believe that Capital is built and carried by our staff, who give their love, time, and energy into making the work experience better for each other and across all departments.
Overall, if you are hard-working, vision-oriented, and have a spirit for growing your experience in a Christian work environment, then we have employment opportunities for you at Capital Christian Center or Capital Christian School.
All employees in service to Capital Christian Center must be mature persons, committed to the religious mission of Capital Christian Center, with a personal born-again experience in Jesus Christ, evidence of a consistent Christian life, and personally subscribing to the Tenets of Faith of Capital Christian Center. All employees are deemed integral parts of the ministry of Capital Christian Center, and each is expected to conduct himself or herself on the job and privately in their personal lives, on-site and elsewhere, in such a way as to complement the image and mission of Capital Christian Center, toward the advancement of the cause and Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
It is the primary responsibility of the High School Computer Science Teacher to assist students assigned to the class in their mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical development by means of instruction, counseling, discipline, and support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Assist students to learn fundamental computer science (CS) concepts.
- Use industry compliers to teach coding concepts.
- Attend professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of coding.
- Be responsible for materials and equipment related to content and curriculum.
- Direct course work of students.
- Monitor student behavior and discipline as necessary.
- Correct student assignments.
- Evaluate lessons.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Plan class lessons and activities.
- Conduct parent conference as required.
- Conduct report card evaluations.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Counsel students as required.
- Maintain clean and stocked classroom.
- Attend conventions and in-service days as required.
- Available for yard duty as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Knowledge of dynamic programming languages and algorithms.
- Understanding of Python and Java programming.
- Ability to guide students through cloud-based software.
- Prepares student for successful passing College Board Advanced Placement Exams.
- Prepares students to build knowledge and skills in computer science.
- Experience with project-based learning and/or blended learning
- Experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree.
- Credential: State teaching credential strongly recommended.
- Credential: ACSI teaching credential required if state credential is not valid. If candidate hasn't completed either credential, he or she must be willing to complete ACSI credential during employment.
This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical work environment, based on the activity scheduled. Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to walk and sit for extended periods and may be exposed to outside weather conditions; including but not limited to, heat, cold, humidity, rain, and direct sunlight. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, and similar machines.
Working conditions are dynamic. Work requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule that may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. Employee will be using his/her personal vehicle; therefore, employee must hold valid driver’s license in state where based and have appropriate auto insurance as required by law. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment; must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure. Employee must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, initiative, and exercise confidentiality. Employee must understand and apply all company policies and procedures and have ability to follow instructions, be detailed oriented, and have good follow-through on all projects.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities above are the only duties to be performed by the individual(s) with this job description. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to be minimal standards required to perform the position. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties required by his/her supervisor consistent with the purpose of the position, department, and/or company objectives. Capital Christian Center expressly reserves the right to change this job description and the duties assigned to the individual from time to time as deemed appropriate in Capital Christian Center’s sole discretion.
This job description is not intended as and does not create an employment contract or otherwise guarantee employment. Employment is at-will and can be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice by either party.