ProxsysRx is currently recruiting for a Clinical Pharmacist specializing in Oncology for Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Specialty Pharmacy. The Clinical Pharmacist provides leadership in a specialized healthcare team and the patient to assure optimal cost-effective drug therapy. This includes developing specific pharmacotherapeutic goals, recommending a regimen and developing a monitoring plan to meet the individualized drug therapy needs of the patient. The clinical pharmacist is responsible for leading efforts in the prevention and reporting of medication errors and adverse drug reactions according to policy and works to continuously improve process and practice in the institution to enhance safety of the medication therapy.
- Reviews drug orders and/or prescriptions to ensure the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medications;
- Prepares and dispenses medications, provides drug information and manages medication therapy in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and organizational policy;
- Provides outstanding patient care by optimizing medication preparation and resolving medication-related problems;
- Maintains the quality, safety and consistency of clinical pharmacy services in assigned areas;
- Supervises the activities of assigned support personnel and verifies the accuracy and appropriateness of all medications prepared by support personnel prior to dispensing to patient or dispensing to healthcare providers for administration to patients;
- Acts as the “subject matter expert” for disease states covered;
- Ensures that clinical management protocols and training are kept up to date with any changes in clinical practice guidelines;
- Develops relationships with providers, patients and other colleagues as to foster excellence in patient care'
- Demonstrates good training and mentoring practices;
- Acts as a mentor to a person in need of support and direction;
- Makes a concerted effort to seek problem definition so that it is clearly understood and clarifies and redefines goals as needed;
- Encourages two way dialogue, soliciting options of those being trained and mentored;
- Explores alternative solutions and approaches which make a person or team more likely to accomplish their goals;
- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in medication management in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results;
- Has the ability to determine the clinical appropriateness of each medication taken by the patient, determine the appropriateness of the dose, dosage form, indication, contraindications, potential adverse effects and potential problems with concomitant medications;
- Able to monitor for therapeutic duplication or other unnecessary medications, interpret, monitor and access patient’s laboratory results as they relate to medication therapy and provide drug information to other healthcare professionals, patient and their families;
- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully review, prepare and dispense prescribed medications. This includes being proficient in the general principles of aseptic technique utilized to compound sterile preparations to minimize the risk of contamination;
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the organization;
- Demonstrates expertise in process improvement, quality assurance practices and /or programs;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures;
- May represent the organization at regulatory and industry groups for discussing rules and regulations;
- Mon-Fri. Day shift hours.
- Paid holidays after 90 days.
- Generous PTO policy.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid short term and long term disability.
- Company paid employee life insurance.
- 401(k) with company matching contributions.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, postgraduate residency preferred.
- Current registration in the state of Florida as a Registered Pharmacist.
- Advanced Specialty Certification through the Board of Specialty Pharmacies or 1 year or more years of post-graduate and on-the-job training specific to oncology pharmacy.
- BPS specialty certification preferred.
- Experience with computerized pharmacy systems.
- Ability to supervise pharmacy staff in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Excellent customer service skills.
ProxsysRx, Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age (40 and older), race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.