The Self Direction Coordinator (SDC) will be responsible for managing an individual’s financial account for each participant based on their approved Self Direction Plan/Budget. The SDC will participate in all Life Plan meetings held and educate the circle of support about the current regulations and specific policy and procedures. This is an opportunity for the circle of support to familiarize themselves with AIM specific policies and for the SDC to assist with any questions for their upcoming year (reimbursements revolving around trips out of state, staffing hours, etc.)
The SDC will explain all fiscal procedures and required waiver documentation to the participant. They will provide the Self Direction participant with copies of all written policies and procedures. The SDC will maintain current documents for each Self Direction participant including, but not limited to, a current signed ISP/LP identifying the FI as the Self Direction provider of service, a current signed Self Direction Plan, a current Staff action plan, all necessary budget attachments and Self Direction Monthly Summary Notes.
- The SDC will maintain all current billing documents for each Self Direction participant they support
- Work within the department to assure all payments are correctly processed in a timely manner. The team will work together to assure all expenses needing more information are rectified and processed accordingly.
- Participate in all Life Plan meetings for all participants they are supporting
- The SDC will be the main contact point for all questions and concerns for anyone supported by AIM for fiscal intermediary services
Responsible to: Assistant Director of Individual Support and Services
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with 2 years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred; OR High School Degree with 4 years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
Physical / Cognitive Requirements:
- Lifting/transferring – individuals/items of various weights – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services
- Adherence to Agency policies and procedures
- Participate as an active member of the individuals’ program team and Circle of Support.
- Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and program implementation.
- Any and all other related duties as requested by supervisor.