Impact Genome (IG), and our sector-first Impact Genome Registry (IGR), standardizes and verifies the annual impact of nonprofits, NGOs, government programs, and social enterprises. We seek to address a primary challenge in the social sector – the lack of consistent data or modern tools for decision-makers to maximize the impact of every dollar spent on social change. For nonprofits, we democratize evaluation, level the playing field, and reduce burden by making impact reporting consistent and reusable. We offer blue-chip clients like Fortune 1000 companies, leading philanthropies, and governments a way to shift from “giving away money” to “investing in social outcomes.” We have pioneered the invention of social outcome “credits,” which like carbon credits in the environmental market can make social impact a saleable asset for nonprofits, creating a sustainable and equitable social outcomes market for all.
Impact Genome is seeking a dynamic and adaptable Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development that has worked in small organizations and understands the dynamics of a start-up-style environment to play a pivotal role in shaping our human capital strategies and cultivating a thriving organizational culture.
As the Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of HR functions in a manner consistent with start-up environments, talent management, and organizational development to support IG’s continued growth and success. Collaborating with the leadership team, you will design and implement strategic HR initiatives that attract, retain, and develop top talent, while fostering a culture of inclusivity and continuous learning. At the company level, our metrics for this position include improving our ENPS score and achieving successful hires within 90 days, among other important measures. Additionally, we strive to be a place where the best and brightest talent want to work.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of our organization while empowering our talented teams to drive meaningful change. If you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and consider yourself a people-oriented leader that is dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment, we invite you to apply and be part of our mission-driven journey!
This role is mostly remote, and candidates must be located within commuting distance of one of our hub cities: Chicago, NYC, Washington DC, or Toronto, ON.
Employee Development and Performance Management:
- Develop and implement performance management processes, including goal setting, regular feedback, and performance evaluations.
- Design and implement comprehensive learning and development programs to enhance employees' skills and knowledge.
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment by handling employee relations issues effectively and ethically. Address grievances, conflicts, and disciplinary matters in a fair and respectful manner.
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding:
- Oversee the recruitment process to attract diverse and skilled candidates. Collaborate with hiring managers to define job descriptions, conduct interviews, and make hiring decisions.
- Ensure a seamless onboarding process to facilitate successful integration and assimilation of new employees.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives throughout the organization. Develop programs and policies that foster an inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and empowered.
- Foster a strong organizational culture that aligns with Impact Genome's values and mission. Promote a collaborative and innovative environment that encourages teamwork, creativity, and open communication.
HR Tasks and Operation: Collaborate with our Office Manager to carry out all HR responsibilities for our firm including, but not limited to:
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee the compensation and benefits programs.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or a related field; Master's degree preferred
- Proven experience (5+ years) in progressively responsible HR roles within fast-paced and entrepreneurial organizations
- Demonstrated track record of thriving in a start-up-style environment
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices, talent management, and organizational development strategies
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing HR programs that drive employee engagement and organizational performance
- Extremely strong emotional intelligence, with the ability to empathize, respond effectively to others, fostering a positive work environment and strong relationships
- Unwavering integrity in all interactions and decisions
- In-depth understanding of employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excited to live our core values – we are a team of individuals who are Passionate about Social Impact, are Rigorous, Relatable, Agile, have a Commercial Mindset, and who Challenge Convention
Compensation & Benefits
- $100,000 - $115,000 salary range
- Healthcare including dental and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) plan
- Hybrid work model
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized for employment in the United States or Canada.
Visit our website to learn more: impactgenome.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and do not make employment decisions based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. We comply with all laws concerning non-discriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for associates and job applicants with disabilities.