JOB TITLE: Youth Support Specialist at The Source (Weekends/Overnights)
REPORTS TO: The Source Program Manager
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt Full Time, Part Time and Relief
DEPARTMENT: The Source
LOCATION: Boulder, CO
TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), has established a continuum of care aiming to ensure that youth feel safe, affirmed, comfortable, secure and valued. TGTHR has been committed to ending youth homelessness for 55 years by providing youth with access to a place to live, employment, education, wellness and a supportive community.
For more information, visit TGTHR.org .
If you would like to know more about TGTHR’s values, click here .
Do you thrive in a dynamic and ever changing work environment?
Do you have a high threshold for sometimes chaotic but always rewarding work?
Do you want to provide collaborative support to youth that are experiencing homelessness, youth that are part of the child welfare system or involved in the juvenile justice system?
ABOUT THE SOURCE
As a Drop-In Center and Overnight Shelter for youth between the ages of 12-24, The Source provides supportive services to move young people from unstable living situations to safety and self-sufficiency.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Youth Support Specialists at The Source provide 24-hour supervision and daily care for the youth and young adults receiving services and/or living at TGTHR. Our Youth Support Specialists play an integral role in providing structure for participants through the use of a cognitive behavioral program including groups, accountability systems, building relationships, providing consistency, and supporting life-skills acquisition.
- Create and maintain a safe, supportive living environment.
- Consistently apply program policies through use of established protocols.
- Employ crisis intervention techniques with program participants as needed.
- Assist in supporting participant’s case management plans.
- Work with assigned program participants in the role of “sponsor” to further assist in and support case management goals.
- Monitor and record administration of medication.
- Daily logging of information into our database.
- Be compassionate and empowering while holding participants accountable. Maintain clear professional boundaries and consistent implementation of program expectations.
- Transport participants in agency vehicles.
- Assist with daily living skills while maintaining a safe and clean living space.
- Accurately report behavior in relation to program expectations.
Supporting the Team:
- Support staff in working from a team approach while making group decisions.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as scheduled.
- Accept and act upon feedback from team members and supervisor(s).
- Maintain open communication with your teammates.
- Seek out and attend external training to promote your development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- BA/BS in a Social Science or related field OR H.S Diploma and 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid CO driver’s license (or ability to obtain one) and have reliable transportation.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, overnights, holidays, and short notice shifts.
- Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
- Understands and respects the importance of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic environment, in a team setting.
- Be accepting of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and/or spiritual practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizing and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly shift between all facets of the job.
- Produce high quality, professional work.
- Willingness to grow, learn, and empower others.
- Sensitivity to the needs of individuals in the care of TGTHR.
- COVID-19 vaccine or are able to receive one within seven weeks of hire. TGTHR's important work classifies our employees and program participants as high risk. Our staff's health, safety and ability to provide critical services remain our most important priorities.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while also performing typing duties.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and other strenuous activities.
- Prior experience with homeless and/or vulnerable populations preferred.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish is a plus
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
TGTHR offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Starting rate of $21.50 per hour
- $50 Bonus for Overnight Shifts
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident Insurance Options (Full Time only). TGTHR pays 85% of employee only premiums and 100% of life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 3% employer match
- Generous PTO (Full Time only)
- Sick Pay
- Time and a Half Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Time off for Voting/Jury Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program / Counseling Services
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
- 20+ hours of Paid Training
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Staff Appreciation Events
TGTHR is pleased to provide professional growth opportunities for full time employees pursuing their LPC or MFT licensure. In exchange for providing counseling services in programs, employees will receive on sight individual and group supervision at no cost to the employee.
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (J.E.D.I) efforts, visit our website .
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment.