Avesta Housing is looking for a well-rounded, dedicated, skilled Maintenance Technician (Floater) to maintain buildings and grounds of our affordable housing properties around Kittery, Maine and the Seacoast region of New Hampshire.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will meet the following requirements:
- A reliable individual who has the willingness to learn and grow in a mission-based environment
- Independent judgment and ability to work well with a team
- Ability to make decisions and use sound judgment
- Professional attitude and strong work-ethic
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and general repairs skills
- Available to work on-call schedule as needed
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Maintain reliable vehicle with required insurance that can transport tools and supplies
- Experience with technology is helpful
Click HERE to view the full Maintenance Technician job description. This a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position with opportunity for overtime pay. Hourly wage is $21.00 - $23.00/hour.
This job is on-site, floater position supporting properties in the Kittery, ME; Exeter, NH; and Hampton Falls, NH areas.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental wellness services for benefits-eligible employees
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application.