**Please Note: Only candidates who reside on the US East Coast will be considered.
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the Role
CloudBees is hiring a Senior Software Engineer who possesses a strong background in application development in GoLang (preferred) or Java or Python. You'll be responsible for products that deliver software with better quality, faster and more consistently. Enterprise class DevOps and CI/CD development experience is a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to join CloudBees product development team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical product managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within an innovative and progressive technology company.
In this role as a senior level software engineer, you will work with a team of highly talented individuals in performing technical management activities to create the backbone for all CloudBees product offerings!
What You'll Do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on projects and develop systems that will improve overall developer experience for large enterprises. You are an engineer with advanced experience with cross-team influence. You will be part of an engineering team comprising front-end, back-end, and full-stack software engineers doing agile development.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
...a technical expert. Advocating for technical best practices while delivering innovative, evolutionary software is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in delivering software products from ideation to market to maintenance.
- Implement solutions and propose your own solutions for technical problems.
- Know what needs to be done, and do it or ensure it gets done. You will successfully context switch between projects and produce high performing results.
- Assist with defining development standards for the team and make suggestions of areas to improve high performance.
- Advocate and implement modern software development practices, Lean and Agile thinking.
- Stay abreast of relevant tools, technologies, and development practices
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues, concerns, conflicts.
- Model creative thinking and innovation and find creative ways to grow the business. You will proactively solicit alternative ideas, thoughts and opinions.
- Evaluate technical feasibility - whether the product/capability can be built well, in a timely manner, leveraging the right skills and technology
…decisive, accountable, a good communicator. You will regularly take part in deep-dive sessions to translate organization vision and strategy into action and goals. You take end-to-end responsibility for the design, architecture and efficient high quality delivery of multiple major components.
- Shape the vision and goals for the software team. Translate organizational vision and strategy into action.
- Make decisions on day-to-day work that impact team and project short term success.
- Mentor others and provide technical guidance.
- Network with key contacts across the organization to solve complex business issues within their functional area.
- Maintain a customer focus and become a strong contributor to the overall success of the business which involves ensuring that all aspects of the company put its customers' satisfaction first.
- Facilitate the conditions that allow the team to be successful.
- Facilitate communication and empower members to self-optimize their processes.
- Represent the team in our weekly scrum of scrums.
... a strong technical leader. The successful candidate will help to create delivery targets for the team and to continue to increase efficiency. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
- Collaborate and influence others inside and outside their team. Coach the “how-tos” of the profession of software development.
- Present new ideas and techniques for solving problems and increasing productivity. You will take the initiative to independently research new ideas and methods for improving the execution of work at the organizational level.
- Plan and organize the development tasks and stories for the project and team members. You will lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design of architecture, implementation and execution of features.
- Provide direct supervision of others and to assist other team members with activities as the demands dictate while keeping your commitments to the team.
- Inspire an atmosphere of feedback, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- This position reports to the Sr Manager of Engineering and will play a key role in delivering our next-generation solution for DevOps to our customers.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in full stack software development with high proficiency in problem solving.
- 5+ years of enterprise software development experience in Go (preferred) / Java / Python is a must.
- 5+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, Go, AWS and Cloud Storage. Knowledge of Docker, Node, Tekton, and DataDog is a plus.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and SaaSOps.
- Hands-on experience developing large CI solutions or directly on K8s is preferable.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in working on SaaS products.
- 5+ years of experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to production.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development, project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to innovate in a fast-paced industry.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Meets/exceeds CloudBees functional, leadership, and foundational skills requirements for this role.
We’re invested in you!
We offer competitive benefits packages, opportunities for professional development, and more. We also offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers.
Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment. All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker.
If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately.
If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Some signs of a recruitment scam:
- Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
- If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
- You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.
- You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
- You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.